Jambo_Habari

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
<> DSR 9500 VIA CI <>
Dragon / Predator
My Location
Arctic Circle
Hello Admin,

Please note, that the search engine for "Last 24 hours English language posts" does not work properly.
When search is completed, 75 posts appears, but most of them is not in English ?

Before you changed the style/layout of the forum, there was not any problems ín regards to languages, but at present it is a big mess, all languages are mixed together in a unreadable mixture.

Please correct said errors, and separate different languages into separet sections.

Thank you for your time, and effort,
Jambo

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Have just tried both links, the one in the quicklinks menu and the one on the forum and both show English language posts on both blue and Orange and Classic skins.

J

Jeff_19341

No problems here with english posts, just the odd foreign one creeps in. Better than when it was open and you had to search for english posts amongst the foreign garbage. This is "the best thing since sliced bread:D ".

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
That's a tad xenophobic Jeff, just because we can't understand it does not make it garbage.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Works well for me too, perhaps o/p has some unusual setting as his default language which are upsetting the applecart, or his java files are riddled with spyware and viruses. Can only suggest he tries clearing out browser cache and clearing cookies

J

Jeff_19341

I remember, not too long ago, foreign posters were asked to post in English as this was an English board/forum.
If I cannot understand the language of the post it is of course garbage (n. worthless, useless, unwanted matter) as far as I am concerned. What's happened to free speech? Englishman in my own country, PC garbage (that word again).

I'll get my coat and cap.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Exactly Jeff, which is precisely why we opened up non-English language sections and have now tailored the search to distinguish between English language and non english language.

But at the end of the day, once you connect your computer to the internet, you leave fortress England and join planet Earth, where people speak more than one language. ;)

PS. Have carried out your implied request, as I'm pissed off with petulance.

Status
Not open for further replies.