Enigma 2 plugin - would anybody be interested in this sort of thing?

PCD

DB Magician
Reaction score
By SD boxes I mean 600, 7020 and 7025. I used my own enigma2 images which are described here :-

h**p://www.i-have-a-dreambox.com/wbb2/thread.php?threadid=130193

and

h**p://www.i-have-a-dreambox.com/wbb2/thread.php?threadid=130175

Anyway, my version of your plugin is attached. It should work ok in the 8000, just may look smaller !

You can patch it/use it as you wish. Please keep me posted so that I can use the letest version in my next images. :)

On the Scores window I see lots of "?" (even after the games are well on) !. Is that correct ?

Cheers, pcd.

Attachments

• WebSiteParser_ppc&.zip
    112.1 KB · Views: 74

Sharkadder

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 8000 HD PVR+DVD, 80cm Dish, 1.2 Compatible Motor, Quad LNB, Samsung 22" 1080p HD TV/monitor, Yamaha RX-V765 Amplifier, Tannoy Mercury FC Centre Speaker, 2 x Tannoy F1 Custom Speakers, 2 x Tannoy FR Custom Speakers, EPOS ELS Sub Woofer
My Location
Teesside (North East England)
If you see ? it means that the game has not kicked off yet and therefore currently has no score. Once the game kicks off it will show 0-0. If you are seeing ? - ? and the game has kicked off then it is because the website hasn't updated it yet. I had noticed this problem as sometimes they don't allow you to view stats on a match until deep into a game which is kind of stupid too be honest.

I have been working more on my project today and have managed to parse HMV's website to display certain charts, dvd prices and pre-order charts from their website. I will include this in the update tomorrow.

Thanks for the work PCD, i will look at your code tonight and see if i can include it within the update, if not it will be included in next weeks update.

Mark

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
Hi
I would like to try it on the qbox, but don't think I can use the temp installation. Can you tell me where to put each file in what directory?
Cheers

Sharkadder

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 8000 HD PVR+DVD, 80cm Dish, 1.2 Compatible Motor, Quad LNB, Samsung 22" 1080p HD TV/monitor, Yamaha RX-V765 Amplifier, Tannoy Mercury FC Centre Speaker, 2 x Tannoy F1 Custom Speakers, 2 x Tannoy FR Custom Speakers, EPOS ELS Sub Woofer
My Location
file is an ipk, if you use PCD version then you can copy the folder into /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/

You can then run it from the green button after restart enigma.

Thanks

PCD

DB Magician
Reaction score
Hi T_G,

An .ipk can be unpacked as follows :-

Ftp it to /tmp. Then telnet :-

cd /tmp
ar -x *.ipk

Then look in /tmp folder - you will see a file data.tar.gz. Copy it to your pc, unpack the tar.gz and you will see the contents (in the correct folders).

Cheers, PCD.

::No connection with the Pussy Cat Dolls ! :D

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
OK chaps, will try it out - although I fully expect a complete meltdown of the qboxhd operating system or some very serious green screens :)

Sharkadder

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Ok i did not manage to include PCD work but i will look at trying to include it during the week. Next version out tomorrow hopefully, just a few niggles keeping me back at moment.

Have a good weekend everyone.

crazyleg

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dm7020
My Location
norway
Hello.. im wondering how you make plugins to enigma? i need a script that can run a bash script when you hit a buton on the enigma.. or somting =) but i cant find anny info on how to make this.. and i see that you have made a plugin whit python..

Sharkadder

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Hi all,

Hust a quick message to say the next version of my plugin will be available in a few days, as always it will be downloadable from the yellow button.

Including within the new version will be:

World satellite football fixtures
One off feeds

Also included will be the scores, results, cinema listings and charts as well as offering support on other models and boxes since i have only really tested my plugin out on enigma2 official Dreambox 8000 with Dream Elite Blackhole images.

p.s. i do my best to try and iron out any bugs, as i say i have not really tested on other models so far so that will be something i'll look to be doing before i release this new version.

Screenshots of the sort of thing to expect are show below, i may change some things so these may not be 100% accurate to what you see in the update...enjoy:

Attachments

• screenshot7.jpg
    screenshot7.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 83
  • screenshot6.jpg
    screenshot6.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 80
  • screenshot5.jpg
    screenshot5.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 79
  • screenshot4.jpg
    screenshot4.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 76
  • screenshot3.jpg
    screenshot3.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 89
  • screenshot2.jpg
    screenshot2.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 86
  • screenshot.jpg
    screenshot.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 87
  • screenshot8.jpg
    screenshot8.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_0022.jpg
    IMG_0022.jpg
    256.4 KB · Views: 84

Sharkadder

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Plugin released via the yellow/update button.

Sorry about the delay, i had a few problems with the Dreambox being slightly tempermental with my code which worked fine on my computer and so i had to adapt it as needed.

For those who do not currently have a copy of the plugin then please visit the start of this topic and download the first version:

The Website Parser 0.1

Once downloaded update to version 0.4 before you enter the menu, once update is complete (it should only take a few seconds), you will need to restart enigma2 and that is all.

Tested and working flawlessly on Dreambox 8000, i will edit this as more people post testing results on other boxes/versions.

Many thanks for all the help and support,

Mark

Sharkadder

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Sharkadder said:
Plugin released via the yellow/update button.

Sorry about the delay, i had a few problems with the Dreambox being slightly tempermental with my code which worked fine on my computer and so i had to adapt it as needed.

For those who do not currently have a copy of the plugin then please visit the start of this topic and download the first version:

The Website Parser 0.1

Once downloaded update to version 0.4 before you enter the menu, once update is complete (it should only take a few seconds), you will need to restart enigma2 and that is all.

Tested and working flawlessly on Dreambox 8000, i will edit this as more people post testing results on other boxes/versions.

Many thanks for all the help and support,

Mark

Confirmed working on VU+DUO, DMM 500HD, 800HD and 8000HD so far...not had other testing back as of yet. Feel free to post your experiences with other boxes.

Sharkadder

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Hi all,

I have not been around the forums for a while as i've been working on my plugin (i wasn't even aware Dream Elite had closed down until last week when a mate told me...i wondered why the server was offline...anyways) i am just posting a few details about the new version of TheWebsiteParser.

Included within version 0.5 of the software will be the following features:

• Channel zapping for satellite feeds
  • Manual scan for channels that do not current exist
  • Transponder information inputted automatically from the feed
  • New menu layout
  • FIFA News

Ok some of the screenshots might be a bit tricky to follow so i shall explain. The screenshot showing the press conference from the USA is a one off feed, the manual scan screen shows the transponder information for this feed within it. (no need to remember the numbers, it simply automatically puts the values from one screen to the other once "zap to channel" is pressed, this same process happens for general satellite feeds too). You can then hit the ok button to scan it in (motorised systems should turn to satellite automatically).

A screenshot shows a boxing match feed on Sky Sports1 UK Astra2 from a feed website. On my dreambox the channel "Sky Sports 1 (UK)" is not found because it is simply called "Sky Sports 1" and so a transponder scan takes place. The screen entitled "channels found on transponder for feed" will show all channels found for the given transponder.

Another screenshot shows a messagebox asking if i would like to zap to that channel. Here i click on yes.

finally a success message shows that the channel did zap, as you can see the channel shows up like it should on a final screenshot. (Motorised system will turn to the satellite hosting this channel automatically).

If you get confused in how the system works, either wait for me to release or reread this post, i'll release the new version within a week. I am also going to include some shortcut links for feeds on the satellite feed website, this is to ease loading problems they've been having on their website.

Thanks and enjoy your Dreambox viewing,

Mark

Attachments

• screenshot7.jpg
    screenshot7.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 43
  • screenshot6.jpg
    screenshot6.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 42
  • screenshot5.jpg
    screenshot5.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 38
  • screenshot4.jpg
    screenshot4.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 46
  • screenshot3.jpg
    screenshot3.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 46
  • screenshot2.jpg
    screenshot2.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 52
  • screenshot.jpg
    screenshot.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 50
  • screenshot8.jpg
    screenshot8.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 35

Sharkadder

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Hello,

I have now released the new version of the website parser, in this version you will be able to:

Display world satellite feeds for sport events
Display one off satellite feeds for sport events
Zap to a channel for a satellite fixtutre (if transponder is valid)
Zap to a channel for a one off satellite feed (if channel reads and decodes on dreambox, this does not work for 4:2:2 feeds).
Manually scan in channels if it is not already scanned in when wanting to zap
Position your motorised dish if manual scan shows 0 results
Football scores, results, fixtures and news
FIFA RSS feed now included
Vide Printer
UK Music charts
UK HMV charts
UK Cinema listings

The supplied screenshots show the new menu layout and also the steps i went through to channel zap to "Sly sports 2" in the UK. As you can see from the screenshots, it works well.

Many thanks,

p.s. Sorry for those who tried to update on the afternoon of the 16th November, i was doing some final testing and so the version on there was not final and would have made your box crash. Simply re-download version 0.1 and update, problem is now solved. If you did not try to update on that afternoon then just update as normal via yellow button...works great for me.

p.s.s. version 0.1 is attached in first post in this thread, simply update via yellow button to get V0.5 once V0.1 is installed

Many thanks,

Mark

Attachments

• screenshot7.jpg
    screenshot7.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 48
  • screenshot6.jpg
    screenshot6.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 40
  • screenshot5.jpg
    screenshot5.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 39
  • screenshot4.jpg
    screenshot4.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 44
  • screenshot3.jpg
    screenshot3.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 44
  • screenshot2.jpg
    screenshot2.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 46
  • screenshot.jpg
    screenshot.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 45
  • screenshot8.jpg
    screenshot8.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 43
  • screenshot9.jpg
    screenshot9.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 42
  • screenshot10.jpg
    screenshot10.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 41

conorg

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triax TD88 with Moteck 2100A motor. Dreambox 500S.
My Location
Co Down
Have just installed this and had a quick play and it looks like it will be a very useful plugin, great work. Here is some feedback which I hope will be contructive.

I am using a clone DM800HD with Nabilosat Blackhole image and my principal use for this would be to look up which channel is showing the match without having to fire up the laptop.

The biggest usability problem is how slow it is loading the list of matches, I appreciate that LJ's is just a slow site and there's not much you can do about the speed of the initial page load. However if you could cache the information so it isn't reloading it every time you access the plugin it would improve things hugely, with the option to refresh the list if needed. The EPG plugin I use caches everything to the hard drive so it is available instantly all the time.

After zapping to a channel is there a button that will take me out of the plugin completely to watch the match? I may be missing something but I had to press the exit button nine times to step through the various screens and get out of the plugin!

The team names are a bit small and hard to read. I appreciate these are bitmaps rather than text so resizing might not work very well, but something to look at.

I don't know if this is possible but if there was a single button I could press which would load up the plugin and take me straight to the current day's list of matches (and if that info was cached and available instantly) it would be brilliant.

"Manual scan for channels that do not current exist" and "Transponder information inputted automatically from the feed": I haven't tried these yet but what a great idea, will definitely be investigating further.

I hope this can be classed as constructive criticism which you can use to improve the plugin. It is a first class idea which I will be using a lot, thanks for your hard work putting this together!

Sharkadder

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
I always welcome feedback, and too be fair that is one of the best forms of feedback i have had. Here is the deal.

The flags in which are displayed all get saved into the flags folder within the plugin, so everytime you display a feed it should get quicker over time as the different flags are stored into the flags folder within the plugin. The fixtures however i can not save since these are generated differently each time and each fixture has a new ID so saving them would be pointless. Since flags are saved, download time gets quicker each time you display fixtures as instead of re-downloading them it just copies them from the flags folder. I have cut down on amount of images i download...you will see over time the download speed get quicker when displaying fixtures :-).

The show todays feed at a touch of a button i will not do simply because the guy who runs LJ's was concerned over traffic on his website when i just allowed todays fixtures to be displayed. I have split them up to ease traffic on his site and also to make download time quicker.

The team names are small, this is a problem i have been aware of for a while now. I can change the size of these but there's not enough room on the page and i may include this change in the next version of the plugin if i can juggle things around on the screen. We shall see. If i did include this i would have to go down to possibly 5 feeds per page but i'll look into it dudes/dudeettes :).

The 9 exits to press to exit the plugin is a very good point, after channel zap i could have a button to exit the plugin, i did not include such a thing since it takes about 5 seconds to press exit 9 times and also the user may wish to zap to another channel. I will include such a feature in the next version though so that the user has an option.

The manual scan searches are a bit hit and miss, i have blocked out any channels that have pal as symbol rate or do not have a symbol rate as these will not be scanned in on the Dreambox. Also from testing i have found that some transponders are outdated and so they show up as 0 channels found when scanning. Normally the up to date transponder is supplied also.

Many thanks for the feedback, maybe now my explanations will show you that i have considered many of these suggestions.

Thanks,

Mark

conorg

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Co Down
All fair enough, thanks for the explanation. When I mentioned caching to improve load speed, my idea was more that you could save the entire page for that particular day. So if I load today's Premiership matches now (9am), all the fixtures are there and there are plenty of channels listed for each match. If I come back at 3pm, I probably don't need to reload the page, I can just look at the cached version from 9am. The load would be instant. OK a few extra bits of information may have been added during the day, and I would have the option to refresh with the latest version, but generally I don't care about having an up-to-date list, I just care about finding a channel that is showing the match, so the 9am list is sufficient. And there is the added bonus of reducing the load on LJ's site.

Sharkadder

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Amen to that bro, i'll look into that. Good point and i'll look at including it but i'll only be able to do it for the one page i'd imagine or i could save everything to a folder for each countries fixture you wisit or something. I could then set something up to wipe the folder at midnight, such as run a cron script or something.

Expect the suggestion included in the next version. I have checked out "English Premier League Fixtures" section, at first it took about 2 minutes to download. Now that i save the flags and just download the fixtures it takes about 10-15 seconds, with your suggestion i can yet again increase the speed so it'll just be slow the very first time you check out the fixture and all files will be downloaded onto the box and then wiped after that day has elapsed (apart from the flags obviously). I shall also include refresh list. :-)

conorg

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Co Down
Nice one. If you use the URL or some variant of the URL as the filename for the locally cached file. Then you check locally for the file corresponding to the page you need to load. If it doesn't exist locally then connect to the internet and get it. The date is part of the URL/filename, so any files that don't match the current date can be deleted. Rather than use a cron job you could just check when the plugin starts to see if there are any files needing deleted, i.e. files that don't match today's date. Does that make sense?

Sharkadder

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
conorg said:
Nice one. If you use the URL or some variant of the URL as the filename for the locally cached file. Then you check locally for the file corresponding to the page you need to load. If it doesn't exist locally then connect to the internet and get it. The date is part of the URL/filename, so any files that don't match the current date can be deleted. Rather than use a cron job you could just check when the plugin starts to see if there are any files needing deleted, i.e. files that don't match today's date. Does that make sense?

Sorted dude, i get what you mean. Expect an update in a few weeks, i'll get some time over Christmas break so i'll look into it then. In the mean time the download time should get quicker each time it is used.

Thanks man

marcaaron20

Dreaming Satellites
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 8000 HD,
80cm Orbital Satellite Dish
Motorized
LNB with 2 outputs, 2nd output leading to upstairs and using Dreambox 500S.
Pioneer VSX-1018AH-K Amp/Receiver,
My Location
Stockton-on-Tees, Cleveland
Sharkadder said:
Ok plugin is finished, attached is the plugin. Currently tested on BH 0.12 using a Dreambox 8000 but should work on both 800 and 7025 models also.

Anybody wish to test this for me and i will be very grateful for it.

A link to the plugin is as follows:

http://www.satellites.co.uk/forums/dreambox-8000/147728-db8000-plugins.html#post910583

Many thanks,

Mark

Hi there, the plugin sounds great btw,
ok, so I downloaded the above plugin, unzipped the file, copied the file to the tmp folder on the dreambox 8000, went to the manual install ipk, then rebooted the box, then I selected the plugin from the menu then the dreaded 'green screen' came on, box restarted, tried selecting the plugin again, samething happened,

I had a feeling the box would do this, lol, maybe its just me, lol