Enigma 2 plugin - would anybody be interested in this sort of thing?

marcaaron20

Dreaming Satellites
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 8000 HD,
80cm Orbital Satellite Dish
Motorized
LNB with 2 outputs, 2nd output leading to upstairs and using Dreambox 500S.
Pioneer VSX-1018AH-K Amp/Receiver,
My Location
Stockton-on-Tees, Cleveland
It's sorted now, working great, really cool plugin, a must for sports fans

Sharkadder

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 8000 HD PVR+DVD, 80cm Dish, 1.2 Compatible Motor, Quad LNB, Samsung 22" 1080p HD TV/monitor, Yamaha RX-V765 Amplifier, Tannoy Mercury FC Centre Speaker, 2 x Tannoy F1 Custom Speakers, 2 x Tannoy FR Custom Speakers, EPOS ELS Sub Woofer
My Location
Teesside (North East England)
nice one mate, glad to see that you got it working. Yeah it is a bug which is in the first ever version of the plugin, for some reason if you don't update from version 0.1 it then crashes. However on some boxes this version didn't crash lol. Other versions are not effected by this.

So just to clarify for people downloading, the procedure goes like this:
  • Download Verion 0.1
  • Put IPK file into TMP folder on enigma2 box
  • manual install IPK file from menu on box
  • Run plugin
  • Update via yellow
  • Once reboot it's ready to use

You may as well update to latest version as the first version just shows football scores anyway. Basically it's update before use to avoid the version 0.1 green screen.

Hatchet

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800
My Location
Glasgow
What a fantastic plugin!

Big thanks for this.

conorg

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triax TD88 with Moteck 2100A motor. Dreambox 500S.
My Location
Co Down
Has this stopped working for anyone else or just me?

Sharkadder

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 8000 HD PVR+DVD, 80cm Dish, 1.2 Compatible Motor, Quad LNB, Samsung 22" 1080p HD TV/monitor, Yamaha RX-V765 Amplifier, Tannoy Mercury FC Centre Speaker, 2 x Tannoy F1 Custom Speakers, 2 x Tannoy FR Custom Speakers, EPOS ELS Sub Woofer
My Location
Sorry about that sicer mate, i was uploading the new version in the different parts and so it would have said that. If you tried to download the plugin in the last hour then i would re-download it again as i have been putting it online and testing it live on my server.

The plugin now however as of 20:15 on 17th February 2011 is released and i have installed twice by installing version 0.1 and updating and it works fine. The IMDB part crashed on me earlier on but is now resolved and working a charm. If you downloaded after the 17th February then enjoy.

The new features included within version 0.5a are as follows:

1. Internet movie database search engine...not just from currently playing service
2. Larger images on world satellite feeds
3. Minor bugs and layout improvement
4. Uninstall problem should now be gone for some on old images
5. Close plugin after channel zapping
6. Radio 1 singles chart now fixed
7. Timezone support for feeds, news, fixtures and results screen (timezone selection in options)
8. Less crashing

To update download version 0.1 from first topic and then update via yellow button.

To all,The plugin will no longer me maintained by me and will now be maintained by some other people who develop the LiveFootBall plugin for enigma2.Many thanks to all involved in early development and for the examples given to me when i first started out. I have attached some new screenshots of new features in the plugin.My new website is available and i am adding to it all of the time http://www.engima2tutorials.com.I will put some enigma2 tutorials on there soon for people to work off as well as all of my python scripts.Thanks for the patience and help over the last 8 months,

Mark

Attachments

• screenshot_1.png
    screenshot_1.png
    418.6 KB · Views: 47
  • screenshot2.jpg
    screenshot2.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 51
  • screenshot3.jpg
    screenshot3.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 51
  • screenshot4.jpg
    screenshot4.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 47
  • screenshot5.jpg
    screenshot5.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 52

Digis@t

Reaction score
Website
perfect-digitalsat.com
My Satellite Setup
2x dishes, 2x Strong 2100, 2x Inverto Black Ultra IDLB-TWNL40-ULTRA-OPP Twin 40mm LNB 0.2, 2x Opticum 7100C, 1x Smart MX 04 HDCI, 1x DR. HD F-16, 1x Clark Tech 2100, 1x Azbox Elite HD, 1x Octagon 1008 SE, 1x Eycos 95.15 HD, 2x Prof 7500, 1x TBS 6925,
My Location
Bosnia and Herzegovina FEEDHUNTER
Sharkadder said:
Sorry about that sicer mate, i was uploading the new version in the different parts and so it would have said that. If you tried to download the plugin in the last hour then i would re-download it again as i have been putting it online and testing it live on my server.

The plugin now however as of 20:15 on 17th February 2011 is released and i have installed twice by installing version 0.1 and updating and it works fine. The IMDB part crashed on me earlier on but is now resolved and working a charm. If you downloaded after the 17th February then enjoy.

The new features included within version 0.5a are as follows:

1. Internet movie database search engine...not just from currently playing service
2. Larger images on world satellite feeds
3. Minor bugs and layout improvement
4. Uninstall problem should now be gone for some on old images
5. Close plugin after channel zapping
6. Radio 1 singles chart now fixed
7. Timezone support for feeds, news, fixtures and results screen (timezone selection in options)
8. Less crashing

To update download version 0.1 from first topic and then update via yellow button.

To all,The plugin will no longer me maintained by me and will now be maintained by some other people who develop the LiveFootBall plugin for enigma2.Many thanks to all involved in early development and for the examples given to me when i first started out. I have attached some new screenshots of new features in the plugin.My new website is available and i am adding to it all of the time http://www.engima2tutorials.com.I will put some enigma2 tutorials on there soon for people to work off as well as all of my python scripts.Thanks for the patience and help over the last 8 months,

Mark

Thank you very much for your great job.

About feed feature? Can you add (or someone else, your collegues and friends for example) blind scan option on Enigma 2.

I`m feedhunter almost 15 years and now i would like, again, to buy new equipment for my hobby, Clarke-Tech ET-9000 or Q-Box HD. Both has great tuner AVL-2108 with hardware blind scan possibility, but their software is Enigma 2 and momentary can not work hardware blind scan because at Enigma 2 menu is not integrated support for hardware blind scan.

Please help

Best regards,

Digis@t

Sharkadder

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
p.s.

You will need the following in order to use the plugin:

python-html_2.6.4-ml8.2_mipsel.ipk <----you can download off the dreamboxupdate.com website, if you do not you will get a no such module htmltypedef found when you to in plugin menu

p.s.s. i do not know why this isn't included as standard in images.

Digis@t

Reaction score
Website
perfect-digitalsat.com
My Satellite Setup
2x dishes, 2x Strong 2100, 2x Inverto Black Ultra IDLB-TWNL40-ULTRA-OPP Twin 40mm LNB 0.2, 2x Opticum 7100C, 1x Smart MX 04 HDCI, 1x DR. HD F-16, 1x Clark Tech 2100, 1x Azbox Elite HD, 1x Octagon 1008 SE, 1x Eycos 95.15 HD, 2x Prof 7500, 1x TBS 6925,
My Location
Bosnia and Herzegovina FEEDHUNTER
@Sharkdadder

You know something about hardware blind scan in Enigma 2?

Thanks

Sharkadder

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 8000 HD PVR+DVD, 80cm Dish, 1.2 Compatible Motor, Quad LNB, Samsung 22&quot; 1080p HD TV/monitor, Yamaha RX-V765 Amplifier, Tannoy Mercury FC Centre Speaker, 2 x Tannoy F1 Custom Speakers, 2 x Tannoy FR Custom Speakers, EPOS ELS Sub Woofer
My Location
Hi there,

I have not done any research into linux based hardware in the past...well not enigma2 research anyways and so i do not know about blind scans. I do know what the dreambox allows network scans but maybe somebody else can tell you about the blind scans.

I am going to release a B version of my plugin this week which will include some bug fixes and also maybe the updates for transponder changes on satellites if i get around to doing it.

Sorry i cannot be of help, that area doesn't really appeal to me as it is very hard to understand the scanning code unless you are an advanced image developer which i am not. All of the scanning code i used was pre written by image developers.

Thanks,

Mark

Sharkadder

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 8000 HD PVR+DVD, 80cm Dish, 1.2 Compatible Motor, Quad LNB, Samsung 22&quot; 1080p HD TV/monitor, Yamaha RX-V765 Amplifier, Tannoy Mercury FC Centre Speaker, 2 x Tannoy F1 Custom Speakers, 2 x Tannoy FR Custom Speakers, EPOS ELS Sub Woofer
My Location
Ok version 0.5b of the website parser has now been released, on the latest version are the following new features:

• Flysat.com news updates
  • Manual scan in a new channel as it appears from flysat.com
  • Bigger display on dates for sport feeds
  • Automatic download of html parser you need for my plugin on plugin startup

You can download the new version from my website or by the link shown at the bottom. I have also included some screenshots of the flysat manual scan.

When manual installing an ipk file simply put the file into /tmp folder and manual install from the box. Restart enigma2 and it will replace the old version and you are away.

http://www.sharkadder.com/dreambox/enigma2/plugins/parser/thewebsiteparser_0.5b_mipsel.ipk

Thanks,

Mark

Attachments

• screenshot4.jpg
    screenshot4.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 36
  • screenshot3.jpg
    screenshot3.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 49
  • screenshot2.jpg
    screenshot2.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 48
  • screenshot.jpg
    screenshot.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 51

Sharkadder

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Hello all and appologies for the delay in new release,

I have now released a new version of the website parser, the version released had to be a version 0.6 since i had included a lot more in it than i first intended to.

Included within the latest version of The Website Parser version 0.6 is:

NEW
===
-Live football tables and scores from kicker.de(in german/deusch)
-Formula1 live race times and standings (Thanks to DirtyLion for the script)
-Formula1 live race text commentary and news (in german/deusch)
-The ablity to parse any website to text providing you know the url
-Updating the plugin is quicker and easier to do
-Flysat.com now includes Turkish/Turkce language as well as English
-Donations (if you wish to give them)

BUG FIXES
=======
-World sport satellite feeds have been fixed to show images properly
-Zap to channel has now been fixed to zap to a channel for feeds found
-Flysat.com now works again
-Internet movie database search now working again
-Radio 1 charts have been fixed and now work again
-Radio 1 DVD charts have now been removed since they now no longer exist
-HMV charts have been changed slightly since only one price is now given on the website
-The way you update the plugin has been fixed to download full ipkg file instead of individual files

ALREADY INCLUDED
=============
-World satellite football feeds
-One off feeds
-Football scores and match stats
-Zap to channel
-Live BBC Vide printer
-Football news
-Cinema listings for uk and ireland cinemas
-Radio 1 and HMV chart listings for UK
-Internet Movie Database search from current program/manual search
-Update plugin at the touch of a button
-Downgrade to previous versions
-Plugin News
-ReadMe
-About

I have attached the ipk file for version 0.6 and the following screenshots to show the new features of the new version in action.

Note for people who have previous version:
(Please note that if automatic reboot on update is selected in the options menu, your dreambox will restart automatically if you updated to this version from an earlier version via the yellow button on the plugin. Once restarted update is complete and no need to download anything else unlike in previous versions.

Note for people who do not currently have the plugin:
If you do not currently have the plugin, for install it is download the ipk file, transfer the ipk file into /tmp folder with a tool such as Dreambox Control Centre or Windows Explorer, and then manually install on your box followed by a soft reboot.)

Download link:
http://www.sharkadder.com/dreambox/enigma2/plugins/parser/thewebsiteparser_mipsel.ipk

Attachments

• screenshot7.jpg
    screenshot7.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 29
  • screenshot6.jpg
    screenshot6.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 29
  • screenshot5.jpg
    screenshot5.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 33
  • screenshot4.jpg
    screenshot4.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 33
  • screenshot3.jpg
    screenshot3.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 36
  • screenshot2.jpg
    screenshot2.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 44
  • screenshot.jpg
    screenshot.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 47
  • screenshot8.jpg
    screenshot8.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 35
  • screenshot9.jpg
    screenshot9.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 30

goose68

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dm800hd, 1.0m motorised dish. AMD Phenom 11x4 965, radeon4890, 2 x 1TB, 1 x750GB.
My Location
Northish Scotland
Brilliant plugin this, many thanks for your hard work.