Error message when trying to record

nezo123

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SKY+
My Location
MANCHESTER, UK
HI Guys,
I have a problem with my SKY + box, everytime i press record, pause rewind etc, my SKY+ box displays the message "SYSTEM FAULT, SKY+ PLAYBACK AND RECORDING ARE UNAVAILABLE PLEASE CALL 08705 800800 FOR ASSISTANCE"
The make of the system is a PACE
The model number is 6.001
My operating system is 1.31B06

This is a box that i have recieved from a friend and wired up myself into the kids bedroom, i have done all the resets, upgrades and downloads but to no avail,
Both my Inputs have a good signal and they are both locked.
I have phoned SKY who have told me that they have gone through all the checks and it seems that the SKY+ box is faulty.
Just wondering if there is anything else that i could try as i dont fancy paying SKY £199 for a new SKY+ box

Cheers

Nezo123

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Whilst I do not have such equipment I believe that you could do a planner rebuild and see if that solves the problem, failing that take out the drive and reformat it using a PC, as a final measure buy a brand new drive. The last resort is what you mentioned.

Indeed have you checked there is a HD inside it?

nezo123

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SKY+
My Location
MANCHESTER, UK
Hi
Thanks for you quick response, there is a Hard Drive in the unit (lol), and i have done the rebuild but still nothing, really scratching my head )(-red , just out of interest on the hard drive on what pins does the link go.
cheers
nezo123

Cupart

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Have you called SKY to get your sky card paired to the receiver?

Without calling them to get them paired it won't work and you didn't mention anything about this in your post...

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
You could try replacing the hard drive, or send it off to one of the independent repair companies, or perhaps buy a new on on Ebay, they normally go for around £100.

PS. Have you tried a forced update of the software?

nezo123

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SKY+
My Location
MANCHESTER, UK
Hi again
when i first installed the sky+ i phoned sky to arrange a new sky card via the multiroom, they told me that the card is on its way and all id have to do is put it into my sky box and everything will be ok, i did this and found i wasnt able to record, pause etc, so i rang them up and they told me to force download, reboot, did an error report thingy, practically everything, but still wasnt able to record, what i have done today is, i have swapped the cards from the sky+ box downstairs and the 1 from upstairs just to see if the card was faulty, anyway the 1 downstairs still recorded and paused etc and the 1 upstairs still had the fault, so hopefully that rules out the card being the problem. does anyone have any ideas
cheers
nezo123