Es'hail 2 tcxo lnb

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Might be of interest for anyone needing an ultra stable lnb

 
Still has a 9750/10600 L.O.though, so little use for those without amateur boxes.
 
Guys,
I have successfully modded a Goobay LNB to change it's LO to 9.36Ghz. This brings the Es'hail2 DATV signals up above 950mhz IF allowing most satellite boxes to see the beacon and maybe more. I was inspired to do the mod from a video on YouTube. Most modern LNBs have a Phase Locked Loop LO. IE They are locked to an internal crystal you could replace. The Goobay LNB comes with a 25mhz reference crystal which I changed for a 24mhz crystal from Farnell. To observe low symbol rate signals I've bought an OCTAGON SF8008. You can check activity on the satellite with the Goonhilly website QO-100 / Es'hail-2 Web Receiver Project .
LNB details=GOOBAY type 67269 Universal LNB
YOUTUBE video=
Good luck and don't be scared to have a go!
SimonE
 
Those soldering skills need some refinement.

For those that prefer non crispy digits a Global ADX appears every now and then on the usual auction sites.
 
Back
Top