Etno TV on 16 East - Can you get it ?

sat-tv-fan

Specialist Contributor
My Satellite Setup
1m motorised dish + Octagon 0.1db PLL LNB
(66 E) 42 E - 45.0 W
Azbox HD Premium
Azbox ME
Amiko A3 combo (android)
TBS 5925 and 5927 USB
TBS 6903 (for Eumetsat weather decoding on 10 East)
GT Media V8
Octogan SX88+
Octagon SF8008
Koqit K1 mini
Openbox SX6 HD
Mecool K3 pro (android)
X2 Premium HD
Skybox F3
Technomate 5302 HD
Technomate 5402 M3
iSmart X8
My Location
East Sussex, South East UK
I wonder if it is actually active still as I get no trace of it with my 1m dish. Is anyone else in Southern UK getting it ok ?

The params are apparently 12574 V, 4355, 3/4, DVB-S2 8PSK

The 4:3 feed of it on 39 East is fine with me however
 
No problems here.
 
It is HD 1280x720 but currently airing something that was 4:3 awfully stretched to 16:9.

Signals pretty good, actually getting better than I last looked at it due to rain dying down.
 
no probs here showing at 70sq and a 720p video
 
Thanks for replies, I wonder what signal actually though ? 50% or less ?
 
i get a five channel mux here 2 channels are HD both are coming in 720p,

on my 1mtr dish.
@ ponti did you turn pilot to off pal ?

DSCN3854.webp
 
I have just hooked my TM5402 up to the 100cm.It comes in at 75% 720p.Trying to get a grab now.

Done it.:)


16EAST.webp
 
@ ponti did you turn pilot to off pal ?
Don't know that that means martin.:)
For some reason the alien dose not want to know about that transponder.It is set to DVB-S2 8PSK,But it will not have it.
I can see it keeping me busy the rest of the day.
 
Thanks, martin. My TM dos not have that. I will check the Alien .It is scannig 16e atm.
 
Hmm some trace of something with me using EBS pro 8.6 but not enough to lock, duff LNB or location I wonder ? Are the latest technomate's any better for sensitivity btw ?
 
This seems a bit of a weird one. Nothing shows up on the VU+ after any form of search. Swapped onto the 1.2 motorised, scanned the T/P with the Dr.HD and still nothing. Just completed a blind scan and Etno has turned up at 12.2dB SNR. It does freeze occasionally and I'm wondering if the low symbol rate is making a difference.
 
The Alien does have pilot in the 8PSK scan menu.Default is Auto. tried on and off.nothing.Earlier I did get the channel names but no signal. No problem at all with the TM5402HD.


Most odd.Nothing on that transponder on the Alien2, 75% on the TM.
 
Got them on the Alien2 Five channels.I scanned DVB-S2 QPSK. Signal SNR 36 BER jumping about between 0 and 77.

We were in the middle off a thunder storm when I got them.
 
Hmm.....Lyngsat lists the T/P as 8PSK......will give it a try on the VU+ as QSPK
 
No joy here on the 1.1m but that's probably due to foliage, as Etno is in my Channel list so I must have had it at one time!
 
This is from DBE. Maybe it says QPSK because that is how I scanned it.
16E1.webp

I do complicate things.Now that I have them scanned in.I can now scan them in 8PSK.On the Alien2 they are now 8PSK.
 

Attachments

  • 16E10.webp
    16E10.webp
    58.8 KB · Views: 76
Back
Top