Eurosport available away from analogue?

Messages
5
Likes
0
My Satellite Setup
Sky Box ftv card
90cm dish
90% signal near St.Raphael
My Location
South France
#1
Hi everyone,
I have just upgraded my friend's system from an anacient analogue receiver to FTA Technomate digital receiver. Also, I have moved his dish from Astra 19.2E to Hotbird 13E.
Although he now has loads more channels, he has now lost free to view Eurosport channel - which he ,seem to, really must have.
Question is, can he get the Eurosport channel for free on Hotbird? (in any language)
Apart from going back to analogue setup and Astra 19, what are the options for this channel?

Thank you all!
 

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Messages
45,685
Likes
8,351
Location
Scottish Borders
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Skybox F3
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
#2
All Eurosports on 13E are scrambled.

Either:

A second dish or second lnb on the dish feeding the old analogue box

A monobloc (dual head lnb for 19E / 13E) using the disecq switching built into the monobloc to get the 19E stuff, and the fta Eurosport in French.

http://www.kingofsat.net/en/find.php?question=eurosport&standard=All
shows the Europsports available.
 
Messages
5
Likes
0
My Satellite Setup
Sky Box ftv card
90cm dish
90% signal near St.Raphael
My Location
South France
#3
Thank you for such a quick reply:D

It makes sense now that I know...
Thank you again.
 
Messages
5
Likes
0
My Satellite Setup
Sky Box ftv card
90cm dish
90% signal near St.Raphael
My Location
South France
#4
Analoguesat said:
.

A monobloc (dual head lnb for 19E / 13E) using the disecq switching built into the monobloc to get the 19E stuff, and the fta Eurosport in French.
In addition to our kind answer, I don't think I understand this:
If I do use above mentioned monoblock, will my digital FTA receiver be be able to read the analogue signal it's being presented with from of the LNB's?
Or. is it that "disecq switching built into the monobloc", is somehow changing it to digital format?
I just thought that digital receivers do not decode analogue sat. signal..


Also, do all monoblocs have disecq switching built into them?
Which one should I buy? Any brand you can think of?

Thank you again!
 

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Messages
5,145
Likes
0
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
#5
Monoblocs are effectively two LNB's with a diseqc switch built in.

You would have to take the output of the one pointing at 19.2E and feed it into the old analogue box to retain that channel, or pick up the digital equiv. instead, but not in English.
 

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Messages
21,721
Likes
3,309
My Satellite Setup
IDD CI24 ECONO MM Penta 1.20 Galaxy II
1.2Mtr Polar MTG yes it has been on the arc for 25 years and is now fixed on 13 East using two pairs of rusty molegrips. Unlike me they never groan but always perform.
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
#6
cakipak said:
FTA Technomate digital receiver. Also, I have moved his dish from Astra 19.2E to Hotbird 13E. Although he now has loads more channels, he has now lost free to view Eurosport channel - which he ,seem to, really must have. Question is, can he get the Eurosport channel for free on Hotbird? (in any language) Apart from going back to analogue setup and Astra 19, what are the options for this channel?
Another option may be to flash the FTA receiver with a patch which will then open up Eurosport but as you do not mention the model then nobody can confirm if this is possible.
 
Messages
5
Likes
0
My Satellite Setup
Sky Box ftv card
90cm dish
90% signal near St.Raphael
My Location
South France
#7
BGonaSTICK said:
Monoblocs are effectively two LNB's with a diseqc switch built in.

You would have to take the output of the one pointing at 19.2E and feed it into the old analogue box to retain that channel, or pick up the digital equiv. instead, but not in English.

BGonaSTICK, Thanks for your input. As far as I understand, monobloc is two LNB's in one housing, but I cant just take output for ASTRA side LNB as the monobloc has only one coax output. Right?

Effectively, I need to enable his Technomate 1000 D FTA receiver to receive Eurosport from ASTRA1. Being digital receiver, it just won't see analogue signal. But that's is my goal. I just don't understand how to go about it....:(

And, toppervte33h, Thank you for the idea as well! Now you can see which model he has, so if you now how to apply patch, please let me know.
 

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Messages
5,145
Likes
0
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
#8
Yes, sorry - I didn't make myself clear.

I was explaining what a monobloc is, not that you could use it in that way.

Analoguesat was saying that if you chose the digital (non-English) version, the you could use a monobloc and one receiver.

If you want one digi feed to the Techno and another to watch the analogue version in English, you will need a twin LNB, not a monobloc.

Then you will have your two cables :)
 

Yorks

Mentally unstable.
Messages
507
Likes
4
My Satellite Setup
Pretend to know what I'm doing. Only the clever ones rumble me.
My Location
S. Yorks
#9
cakipak said:
Apart from going back to analogue setup and Astra 19, what are the options for this channel?

Thank you all!
Currently on 7E 11282V 27500. Opening on Fortec. Showing Viaccess but i think it is FTA @ the moment. Can anyone confirm?:confused

Regards,

Yorks
 

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Messages
21,721
Likes
3,309
My Satellite Setup
IDD CI24 ECONO MM Penta 1.20 Galaxy II
1.2Mtr Polar MTG yes it has been on the arc for 25 years and is now fixed on 13 East using two pairs of rusty molegrips. Unlike me they never groan but always perform.
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
#10
cakipak said:
Effectively, I need to enable his Technomate 1000 D FTA receiver to receive Eurosport from ASTRA1. Being digital receiver, it just won't see analogue signal. But that's is my goal. I just don't understand how to go about it....:(

And, toppervte33h, Thank you for the idea as well! Now you can see which model he has, so if you now how to apply patch, please let me know.
I do not know the procedure for any technomate but a number of members have posted procedures on the forum, Why not do a search for that model number and see what appears, although the actual procedure I understand is the same as for the 1500 model
 
Messages
5
Likes
0
My Satellite Setup
Sky Box ftv card
90cm dish
90% signal near St.Raphael
My Location
South France
#11
OK, thank you all for the additional replies!
I will look into all of those options!
However, it seems to me that the best option for the given problem is to buy a FTA receiver that can decode both digital and analogue signals from the monobloc. Does anyone know some of those crosbreeds?

Thanks

Cakipak
 

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Messages
5,145
Likes
0
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
#12
You want one of these old things off eBay !

Don't know if you can use the monoblock though, as analogue doesn't do DiSEqC switching. I think you'll need a twin LNB with two cables.

Analoguesat has one IIRC. I'm sure he'll be along in a minute to settle this one :D

Failing that, there is a mega-thread here somewhere discussing this box.

Or this one looks nice! LOL. Blimey I'm bored today - got nothing better to do than shop for someone else!

{EDIT} Apparently it does DiSEqC 1.0, so it may work.
 
Top