Eurosport in English on Asta1 with Humax F2-Free

alias_2004

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dual feed fixed 60cm dish (hotbird and astra1)
My Location
London - UK
Hi all

I have been trying to get Eurosport in English on Astra1 (19.2E) but I do not seem to be able to set the Audio Channel to 7.02 MONO.

I either cannot read manuals/work out menus OR the above is not possible with my receiver (Humax F2-FREE). If the latter is true (as I suspect) can anyone suggest a receiver? Should I buy it with a CAM interface? I have a dual feed dish pointing to Astra1 and Hotbird.

Thanks for your help...
bauzo.

IjonT

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Opentel 3500 FL, LNB 0.6 dB, 60 cm Fe
alias_2004 said:
I have been trying to get Eurosport in English on Astra1 (19.2E) but I do not seem to be able to set the Audio Channel to 7.02 MONO.

I either cannot read manuals/work out menus OR the above is not possible with my receiver (Humax F2-FREE).
Humax F2-FREE is a digital receiver and audio channel 7.02 applies to the analogue channel. You can not receive analogue channels with digital receiver.
All Eurosport channels in English are encrypted and you can not receive them with Humax F2-FREE (as long as I know). You need another receiver to get them (but I have no experience with such receivers and therefore can not tell you which one you need).

alias_2004

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
London - UK
Odd...I do manage to receive Eurosport on Astra1 - with audio in German :mad: - and have done so for over a year...

IjonT said:
Humax F2-FREE is a digital receiver and audio channel 7.02 applies to the analogue channel. You can not receive analogue channels with digital receiver.
All Eurosport channels in English are encrypted and you can not receive them with Humax F2-FREE (as long as I know). You need another receiver to get them (but I have no experience with such receivers and therefore can not tell you which one you need).

IjonT

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Opentel 3500 FL, LNB 0.6 dB, 60 cm Fe
alias_2004 said:
Odd...I do manage to receive Eurosport on Astra1 - with audio in German
But you asked about Eurosport in English. Eurosport in German is FTA and you can receive it with Humax F2-FREE, of course.

alias_2004

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
London - UK
ok thanks, I think I finally get it now.:)

IjonT said:
But you asked about Eurosport in English. Eurosport in German is FTA and you can receive it with Humax F2-FREE, of course.