Eurosport on 19e

Boratscousin

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2.40 m dish
My Location
Kiev, Ukraine
For Info I bought in France a new analog receiver 'Strong' brand for 40 euros at Darty (TV/electronics store) in August. ;)

dardruba

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Win7/Firefox
85cm Transparent dish and 3 dual LNB's 13,19,28

One diseqc to PC and Sky Star 2, and a diseqc to
Humax Foxsat HDR
My Location
Fylde Coast in West Lancs
I want programmes that BBC would never cover, such as the Roller Ski champs this weekend. I watch it on the backroom TV on a analogue Pace box on a RF loop from the digital TM1500 box, and long may it continue.

But, being greedy I'd like to watch it quietly on this PC screen upstairs.
Here I've got SkyStar2 digital and can get Eurosport on 19E with German commentary on my ProgDVB program.
When I recently re installed ProgDVB I saw on the setup screen the chance to click a button to receive Analogue TV.

Could that mean Analogue Sat TV and is there a way for me to get Analogue Sat TV displayed on the ProgDVB program?
Could I split the incoming signal between SS2 and a new Hauppage analogue pci card (if there is one) using a A/B switch?

iandoh

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m Mutlibracket (19e, 13e, 10e, 9e, 4.8e) & 1.2m @ 28e
My Location
Pärnu. Estonia/Burgas, Bulgaria
dardruba said:
I want programmes that BBC would never cover, such as the Roller Ski champs this weekend. I watch it on the backroom TV on a analogue Pace box on a RF loop from the digital TM1500 box, and long may it continue.

But, being greedy I'd like to watch it quietly on this PC screen upstairs.
Here I've got SkyStar2 digital and can get Eurosport on 19E with German commentary on my ProgDVB program.
When I recently re installed ProgDVB I saw on the setup screen the chance to click a button to receive Analogue TV.

Could that mean Analogue Sat TV and is there a way for me to get Analogue Sat TV displayed on the ProgDVB program?
Could I split the incoming signal between SS2 and a new Hauppage analogue pci card (if there is one) using a A/B switch?

simple. No.

jamie1992

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Standard Sky Digibox and
Metronic analogue receiver (made in 2008), receiving Astra 19.2E
My Location
England
DanielP said:
Don't bother with eBay- you can get a brand new Metronic analogue "original" box for £23!

_http://www.pixmania.co.uk/uk/uk/236264/art/metronic/analogue-demodulator-orig.html

Does a good job for me and also runs cool to boot. Even if Europsort only lasts a couple more years, this is value for money in my book. Then you can use it as a handy doorstop!

I bought one of these last week. I'm pleased with it overall.
The only issues I have are
- a very slightly soft picture (but still much nicer than dvb!)
- no tunable audio, and 6.50 is not included as a preset
- a software bug where, if you disable its "pseudo-panda" audio de-emphasis, or tune to a preset channel which uses J17 or 50us instead, you have to turn the receiver to standby, and then back on again to get it back.

But it's still *much* better than my Conrad Electronics "eurosky" branded receiver.

DanielP

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 triax 80cm, smart dual output monobloc LNB @ 13E and 19.2E

1 minidish, quad LNB @ 28.2E

Fortec Star 4200 set-top
Metronic Original analogue set-top
Hauppage Nova S+ x2
Compro Videomate 350 x1
2x WinXP PCs running GBPVR
My Location
Wales
I noticed that mine was pretuned and only had English language for Eurosport. To be honest, I find the setup systep a bit confusing, because there is no OSD. I have a monobloc LNB and I always need to hit the toneburst button three times before I get Europsort up. I tried saving the settings, but it doesn't seem to stick. But none of these are major problems.

I think that the analogue pic quality is amazing, though miss the digital sound. I get a few minor "sparklies", but can't be bothered to do any adjustments, as the issue is not that bad (even in a downpour).

I just hope that Eurosport stays live for at least a couple more years.

Daniel

jamie1992

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Standard Sky Digibox and
Metronic analogue receiver (made in 2008), receiving Astra 19.2E
My Location
England
DanielP said:
I noticed that mine was pretuned and only had English language for Eurosport. To be honest, I find the setup systep a bit confusing, because there is no OSD. I have a monobloc LNB and I always need to hit the toneburst button three times before I get Europsort up. I tried saving the settings, but it doesn't seem to stick. But none of these are major problems.

I haven't got my monobloc LNB yet, so I haven't been able to test the Disecq functionality, but I'm able to store toneburst modes just by pressing the recessed 'mem' button on the remote control using a ballpoint pen.
I think that the analogue pic quality is amazing, though miss the digital sound.
Ironically, analogue satellite sound can be amazing too - it uses a dual FM system. The problem is that Astra channels use something called "wegener panda" noise reduction, which is like a very extreme version of Dolby Noise reduction as used on cassette tapes, and a lot of receivers (including the metronic) don't have the proper wegener chips inside to decode it - they have bad imitations instead!

juzzthefuzz

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TM-5400 Super with DiSEqC for 28.2e and 13e on 65cm dishes
My Location
Reading, United Kingdom
Hey again guys
Just one more thing..
I've just noticed that eurosport on 13e has gone over to Videoguard )(-red
Does this mean it is now unhackable? Obviously its illegal nonetheless, but are my thoughts correct?

Cheers for any responses.
Fuzz

juzzthefuzz

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TM-5400 Super with DiSEqC for 28.2e and 13e on 65cm dishes
My Location
Reading, United Kingdom
Cheers. Although I was wondering, on lyngsat is listed pretty much the whole list of encryptions. Does it run all encryptions and can be 'unlocked' with an emulator running one or more of the encryptions? :confused
Any help is appreciated :)

Fuzz

Also, Cheers to AnalogueSat for your quick response :D

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Some of the Eurosports versions - there are several on 13E - are simulcrypted (more than one encryption used).

I dont think any of the encryptions used are currently open on patches / emulators

irart

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky Freesat in UK,
Astra 1 ana/dig in UK
using Technomate -5000 DAPCI,
Astra 2 South Beam and Eurobird in Spain.
My Location
Cornwall, UK
Reverting back to the first posts on this thread - Eurosport in analogue, I notice that this year they do not cover the Moto Grand Prix's as they had done in previous years. They do have a somewhat truncated coverage of World Superbikes though. I suppose it must be a cost cutting measure.

However. BBC do cover the Grand Prix, and the 125's and 250's under the red button, and with the bonus that there are no advert interruptions!

ghinzani

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky +...
My Location
Salisbury
irart said:
Reverting back to the first posts on this thread - Eurosport in analogue, I notice that this year they do not cover the Moto Grand Prix's as they had done in previous years. They do have a somewhat truncated coverage of World Superbikes though. I suppose it must be a cost cutting measure.

However. BBC do cover the Grand Prix, and the 125's and 250's under the red button, and with the bonus that there are no advert interruptions!

Although The BBCs Moto GP team of Cox & Parrish suck like nothing else before, the 125 and 250 coverage on the Red Button is Dornas World Feed, commentated by a team led by Nick Harris (he did some Havoc stuff) and is absolutely top notch, certainly a viable alternative if you cant get Toby n Jules on Eurospurt. Or if that toolbag Carlton Kirbys doing the coverage because Toby n Jules had already commited themselves to other stuff when Eurospurt initially lost the GPs.

bobed

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I was powering up the old Pace Prima to watch the Tour de France, but it sounds like that won't happen!

bobed

ghinzani

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky +...
My Location
Salisbury
Not on Analouge then? Surely some of it will be.

DanielP

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup

Fortec Star 4200 set-top
Hauppage Nova S+ x2
Compro Videomate 350 x1
My Location
Wales
I'm watching Tour de France on analogue now!!! Quite funny actually, as I haven't used my analogue box for ages- just as I fire it up a notification e-mail drops in from this thread!!

Daniel

irart

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky Freesat in UK,
Astra 1 ana/dig in UK
using Technomate -5000 DAPCI,
Astra 2 South Beam and Eurobird in Spain.
My Location
Cornwall, UK
The Tour De France is on Eurosport, both analogue and digital. I was watching it this afternoon!

bobed

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Keep me right guys, I couldn't get it on 11259 V on 19E - where is it now. Or have I just forgotten how to use the Pace?!

TIA,

bobed

nelson_b

Contributor
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Strong 4375 driving a 2.4 m Channel Master dual focus offset + Invcom Quad C120 K/U l.n.b. + BSC 421 and Zinwell C band l.n.b.,s - DR HD F15 - TM5302 - Octagon SX88+Optima - GT Media V7 - HD receivers. + other dishes currently in use - Antique 3.0 m Prodelin P.F. - Channel Master 1.8 m offset - Channel Master. 1.2 m.
My Location
North West Yorkshire - near Lancashire & Cumbria borders.
hi - what kind of l.n.b. is on your dish ?
your pace prima reciever may need its l.n.b. menu settings changing
it may have been on an older type of l.n.b. in the past and not set up for a more recent universal type

regards nelson,b

DanielP

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup

Fortec Star 4200 set-top
Hauppage Nova S+ x2
Compro Videomate 350 x1
My Location
Wales
Sorry.Mine has always worked with my universal monbloc LNB.

BTW....do you have a monobloc (19/13E)? Mine always defaults to the wrong setting, so I need hit the diseqc (toneburst) button to get a picture. Even when I put this in the memory, it doesn'tn remember (but only this channel).

Daniel

bobed

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Thanks for the help and advice - I thought we had lost all analogue Eurosport!

I fiddled around with the Pace and eventually got it to work by looping it through the Digital Humax. I selected 19E on the Humax and then switched on the Pace and suddenly I had Eurosport. I have a monoblock LNB and couldn't get it to switch.

I was in time to see the TdeF going through Arles - the one I really wanted to see!! Love the Tour, know the town.

Thanks again

bobed