Eutelsat 31A has started @ 30.8° East

Archived-1

Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Location
uk
I think there is a thread on here somewhere from memory, but as A/S says, something like this but don't use C band lnb as the picture shows, picture just to give you an idea.
images.jpg

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
ISTR a thread from a few years ago discussing it, but its quite a while back

Archived-1

Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Location
uk
I can recall seeing something on here A/S a while back, my post was on TW forum from memory 2006/2007.

Archived-1

Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Location
uk
Sure does, I followed you here A/S from TW :), you was my favourite mod :-lol, I guess I still like you :D.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
I obviously didnt manage to ban you when I had my little boo boo over there :-rofl2

BigMouse

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.8M Primesat - Dr HD 15
My Location
England
Well its a nice sunny day and once again I am on the elusive satellite hunt.

De Ja Vu I know - looking for a strong signal from 11637H 2222 but so far no joy.

Anyone else getting a signal?

moonbase

Small Dish Man
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK

De Ja Vu I know - looking for a strong signal from 11637H 2222 but so far no joy.

The satellite was approximately 4.5 hours travel away from the arc at the time you posted above, the signal would have been weaker than its maximum level. If you get the opportunity, try it at 10:50AM on Tuesday, the satellite is right on the arc at that time.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors

Yes, no problem.

Tanitim SS 90 SQ 70.

pontiend

Contibruter
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See Signature
My Location
south yorkshire
11637H is fine here.On the tm5402HD the quality is usually between 74/80%
It is 76% just now.
TM5402HD 100 cm Dish.

BigMouse

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.8M Primesat - Dr HD 15
My Location
England
The satellite was approximately 4.5 hours travel away from the arc at the time you posted above, the signal would have been weaker than its maximum level. If you get the opportunity, try it at 10:50AM on Tuesday, the satellite is right on the arc at that time.

I did not get a chance yesterday. will it be strong at 10:50AM today?

BigMouse

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.8M Primesat - Dr HD 15
My Location
England
So I have located this sat and lost it again several times for no apparent reason?? I can be getting a strong signal one minute and nothing the next.
All very frustrating.
With this in mind is it possible to use 2 satellite dishes at the same time both pointed at the same satellite and somehow combine the signal into one?

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
With this in mind is it possible to use 2 satellite dishes at the same time both pointed at the same satellite and somehow combine the signal into one?

Theoretically yes as thats exactly how radio telescopes work. Realistically no.

BigMouse

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.8M Primesat - Dr HD 15
My Location
England
Just to say I really appreciate the help I have had on here and I have sent a small donation to the cause.

I am currently picking up a strong signal from this satellite BUT.... I can only seem to pick it up between 11am - 5pm each day. (this week anyway)

So.... Will this stay the same every day? or will the cycle change in time and perhaps in a few weeks I will only have it from say 3PM - 9PM?

Also if I want to track the satellite for longer should I be moving the dish East - West? or changing the inclination?

I am based in the midlands if that makes any difference.

BigMouse

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.8M Primesat - Dr HD 15
My Location
England
A friend has suggested that it is possible the dish has a small dent somewhere, and perhaps I am only picking up the signal when it is at its strongest? Thoughts?

Archived-1

Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Location
uk
Just to say I really appreciate the help I have had on here and I have sent a small donation to the cause.

I am currently picking up a strong signal from this satellite BUT.... I can only seem to pick it up between 11am - 5pm each day. (this week anyway)

So.... Will this stay the same every day? or will the cycle change in time and perhaps in a few weeks I will only have it from say 3PM - 9PM?

Also if I want to track the satellite for longer should I be moving the dish East - West? or changing the inclination?

Hi BigMouse many thanks for the donation, the satellite is on the move as you know, the cycle can change but it would be very little every day,

People say they move in a figure of 8 but they can move in all directions, your up against it my friend not only is she moving she is a fringe bird. the only thing I could suggest is when you start to lose the signal is flex the dish up/down and keep an eye on the signal strength, that will tell you what way you need to adjust, as you probably know by now just a little at a time,

Take a look at this link BM,
http://www.n2yo.com/satellites/?c=17

Archived-1

Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Location
uk
Hi BM, i was getting ENCODER 1 53/56 about 5 minuets ago please ignore my sat position.
DSCN6736.JPG

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders

Thank you for the donation - all are much appreciated, and go directly towards the running costs of the forum. (All our staff both "red" & "blue" are unpaid volunteers)

Inclied birds require north / south tracking (or possibly over under switchable lnbs - its been tried in the past!)

Do your signals fade out mid afternoon or disappear instantly as if the tp has been powered off. If its the former then its the satellite wandering out of range of the dish. The latter would suggest its been switched off.