Eutelsat 31A has started @ 30.8° East

Strongest signal here on 30.8 east is SIS60 Coder 2 10979 H 3330 7/8 =71% Quality with TM5502HD + 100cm set up
2nd strongest is CNN Buro Uydu on 11629 H 4444 9/10th S2 MPEG-4 HD 62% Quality ---------------------------------
 
Strongest signal here on 30.8 east is SIS60 Coder 2 10979 H 3330 7/8 =71% Quality with TM5502HD + 100cm set up
2nd strongest is CNN Buro Uydu on 11629 H 4444 9/10th S2 MPEG-4 HD 62% Quality ---------------------------------

SIS 60 is 61% here William Larc is the strongest @ 65% others are around 53/55%
 
I get four now that it has stopped raining.:)
No channels on 11637H 2222 3/4
TBS 6925 100cm Dish.
 

Attachments

  • 30.8e  8.webp
    30.8e 8.webp
    24.1 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
Two live feeds on 30.8.
10970H 3329 7/8
11630 H 2299 5/6
TBS6925 100cm Dish.
 

Attachments

  • DHA_2_1_0308 11630_H_2299_20141026_130318.webp
    DHA_2_1_0308 11630_H_2299_20141026_130318.webp
    81.8 KB · Views: 34
  • SIS 15 CODER 2_0308 10970_H_3329_20141026_130333.webp
    SIS 15 CODER 2_0308 10970_H_3329_20141026_130333.webp
    65.8 KB · Views: 39
11637 booming in here with untweaked 1m dish.
 
11630H is dead here.10970H is still live.A nice view of someones feet.:)
TBS 100cm Dish.
 

Attachments

  • SIS 15 CODER 2_0308 10970_H_3329_20141026_142336.webp
    SIS 15 CODER 2_0308 10970_H_3329_20141026_142336.webp
    77.4 KB · Views: 38
11630H is dead here.10970H is still live.A nice view of someones feet.:)
TBS 100cm Dish.

That was the free to air paddock camera for the ATR/SiS feed from Leopardstown races. The scrambled feed of the actual racing was on 30.8E 10965 H scrambled in BISS, viewable if you had the code.
 
30.8E is in inclined orbit, it was 0.436 degrees inclined today, increasing from yesterdays value of 0.431 degrees inclined. At the moment, pictures are viewable close to the periphery of the inclination but as the inclination increases pictures will be lost once it gets beyond a certain range in the periphery unless inclined orbit tracking is used.
 
Hi I am new to the forum please be nice :)

I am trying to find the 30.8 Satellite and spent most of yesterday scratching my head with a newly purchased Smartmeter S10
I was able to find and get pictures from Astra2 at 28.2 but panning East I could find nothing at all?

I had added the sat to the meter with transponder 10992 H symbol 3330

Any advice would be helpfull? or pehaps a strong signal from the sat I can try to find today
 
Hello and welcome to the Forum - and we are always nice!

You are in luck, as I'm just finishing off a few bits and bobs with my own newly installed 1m dish and I am currently setting up 30.8E.

Try 11637 2222 H which is coming in strongly right now. No Channels, though.

Don't forget, reception will vary enormously depending upon time of day (See Post immediately before yours).
 
Thats great thank you .

Sunny outside so hopefully I can find it. Will post how I get on.
 
BigMouse said:
...ny advice would be helpfull? or pehaps a strong signal from the sat I can try to find today

The first thing you need to do, is to look for Arabsat from 30.5E.The strongest signal on this satellite is on 10923 H,17000,3/4,QPSK. Once found signal on this transponder, almost like you're about to catch also Eutelsat from 30.8 E, because both of them seem to be at the same position, separated by only 0.3 degrees.
You must keep in mind that the signal on Promo transponder from 11638 oscillates pretty much.In my area it is stronger in the evening.
 

Attachments

  • 30.8E-RF 11638 H.webp
    30.8E-RF 11638 H.webp
    95.8 KB · Views: 28
The first thing you need to do, is to look for Arabsat from 30.5E.The strongest signal on this satellite is on 10923 H,17000,3/4,QPSK.
I'm surprised you can receive Mashreq beam well in Romania, satesco!
Anyway here and surely in England as well (where BigMouse is), there is no signal at all from this beam.

The 11637 H as Tivu mentioned, is quite strong though.
Maybe it would be a good idea for BigMouse, to align the dish close to the times when Eutelsat 31A crosses the belt.
That would roughly be between 12:30 and 13:00 UTC the coming days.
 
Thanks for your help as I now think I have found the satellite.
using my 1.4M dish I can get 76% and 6.5db on the frequency given.

I cant find any TV pictures yet but perhaps they will be on later or another day.

With the inclined orbit tracking ( which I don't have) does this mean you may have to adjust the dish inclination slightly during the day to maintain a strong signal?

Thanks again
 
Well done.

Not too clued up on Inclined Satellites myself.
 
BigMouse said:
...With the inclined orbit tracking ( which I don't have) does this mean you may have to adjust the dish inclination slightly during the day to maintain a strong signal?

True, you need an another actuator for inclined orbit tracking if you want to receive the satellite all the time.Surely you have signal but do not know how strong is in your area.

hvdh said:
I'm surprised you can receive Mashreq beam well in Romania, satesco!
Anyway here and surely in England as well (where BigMouse is), there is no signal at all from this beam...

I think it's a little misunderstanding, but the signal from my pict. is on 11638 from 30.8E and not from Arabsat 5A beam-30.5E.
Here's how does it show the signal on some trps. on Mashreq beam:
(I must add that since I put scalar rings on InvertoBU signal has increased on most transponders}
 

Attachments

  • 10905 H-30.5E.webp
    10905 H-30.5E.webp
    141.6 KB · Views: 23
  • 10923 H-30.5E.webp
    10923 H-30.5E.webp
    140.7 KB · Views: 23
Back
Top