Eutelsat 31A has started @ 30.8° East

I think there is a thread on here somewhere from memory, but as A/S says, something like this but don't use C band lnb as the picture shows, picture just to give you an idea.
images.webp
 
ISTR a thread from a few years ago discussing it, but its quite a while back
 
I obviously didnt manage to ban you when I had my little boo boo over there :-rofl2
 
Well its a nice sunny day and once again I am on the elusive satellite hunt.

De Ja Vu I know - looking for a strong signal from 11637H 2222 but so far no joy.

Anyone else getting a signal?
 
Well its a nice sunny day and once again I am on the elusive satellite hunt.

De Ja Vu I know - looking for a strong signal from 11637H 2222 but so far no joy.

Anyone else getting a signal?


The satellite was approximately 4.5 hours travel away from the arc at the time you posted above, the signal would have been weaker than its maximum level. If you get the opportunity, try it at 10:50AM on Tuesday, the satellite is right on the arc at that time.
 
Well its a nice sunny day and once again I am on the elusive satellite hunt.

De Ja Vu I know - looking for a strong signal from 11637H 2222 but so far no joy.

Anyone else getting a signal?

Yes, no problem.

Tanitim SS 90 SQ 70.
 
11637H is fine here.On the tm5402HD the quality is usually between 74/80%
It is 76% just now.
TM5402HD 100 cm Dish.
 
The satellite was approximately 4.5 hours travel away from the arc at the time you posted above, the signal would have been weaker than its maximum level. If you get the opportunity, try it at 10:50AM on Tuesday, the satellite is right on the arc at that time.

I did not get a chance yesterday. will it be strong at 10:50AM today?
 
So I have located this sat and lost it again several times for no apparent reason?? I can be getting a strong signal one minute and nothing the next.
All very frustrating.
With this in mind is it possible to use 2 satellite dishes at the same time both pointed at the same satellite and somehow combine the signal into one?
 
With this in mind is it possible to use 2 satellite dishes at the same time both pointed at the same satellite and somehow combine the signal into one?

Theoretically yes as thats exactly how radio telescopes work. Realistically no.
 
Just to say I really appreciate the help I have had on here and I have sent a small donation to the cause.

I am currently picking up a strong signal from this satellite BUT.... I can only seem to pick it up between 11am - 5pm each day. (this week anyway)

So.... Will this stay the same every day? or will the cycle change in time and perhaps in a few weeks I will only have it from say 3PM - 9PM?

Also if I want to track the satellite for longer should I be moving the dish East - West? or changing the inclination?

I am based in the midlands if that makes any difference.
 
A friend has suggested that it is possible the dish has a small dent somewhere, and perhaps I am only picking up the signal when it is at its strongest? Thoughts?
 
Just to say I really appreciate the help I have had on here and I have sent a small donation to the cause.

I am currently picking up a strong signal from this satellite BUT.... I can only seem to pick it up between 11am - 5pm each day. (this week anyway)

So.... Will this stay the same every day? or will the cycle change in time and perhaps in a few weeks I will only have it from say 3PM - 9PM?

Also if I want to track the satellite for longer should I be moving the dish East - West? or changing the inclination?

I am based in the midlands if that makes any difference.

Hi BigMouse many thanks for the donation, the satellite is on the move as you know, the cycle can change but it would be very little every day,

People say they move in a figure of 8 but they can move in all directions, your up against it my friend not only is she moving she is a fringe bird. the only thing I could suggest is when you start to lose the signal is flex the dish up/down and keep an eye on the signal strength, that will tell you what way you need to adjust, as you probably know by now just a little at a time,

Take a look at this link BM,
http://www.n2yo.com/satellites/?c=17
 
Just to say I really appreciate the help I have had on here and I have sent a small donation to the cause.

I am currently picking up a strong signal from this satellite BUT.... I can only seem to pick it up between 11am - 5pm each day. (this week anyway)

So.... Will this stay the same every day? or will the cycle change in time and perhaps in a few weeks I will only have it from say 3PM - 9PM?

Also if I want to track the satellite for longer should I be moving the dish East - West? or changing the inclination?

I am based in the midlands if that makes any difference.

Thank you for the donation - all are much appreciated, and go directly towards the running costs of the forum. (All our staff both "red" & "blue" are unpaid volunteers)

Inclied birds require north / south tracking (or possibly over under switchable lnbs - its been tried in the past!)

Do your signals fade out mid afternoon or disappear instantly as if the tp has been powered off. If its the former then its the satellite wandering out of range of the dish. The latter would suggest its been switched off.
 
Back
Top