Eutelsat 5 West B

Status
Not open for further replies.
Th
11679V/29950 and 11471H/9900 (84 radio stations pos.91-174 , and TV-VEOA Occasion) can scan, but TVs are scrambled.
11679 - with TV tuner:
View attachment 128320

View attachment 128321

11471 - with Ariva 102HD tuner (the same 1.2m dish):
View attachment 128322

View attachment 128323

View attachment 128324

Thanks! 11679 is not yet migrated to E5WB so it's normal that you get still get it. 11554 has migrated and there you have one FTA channel (fransat info) have you tried that?
 
Nothing at all on 11509 right now ...... signal was much better in the late afternoon yesterday, so will check again later.

No problem to bung up my 1m dish, though, in due course. Might even reinstate the TD110. There's fun.

All locked now ..... definitely improves later in the day.
 
Edision Primo & SX88 OK now with France 2/3/4/0 ect so it must have been a transmission fault.
 
All locked now ..... definitely improves later in the day.

100% Hunky-dory.

Great signal, even on an 80cm dish up North - and no glitching :)
 
Why are the Mediaset transponders transferred to 5W B when they move to 9 east? Just to cover the weeks until all the dishes in Italy are repositioned?
 
i have never seen a screen like that !!!! 99%
ok i have a 2 meter dish !
5wb.webp
 
Th


Thanks! 11679 is not yet migrated to E5WB so it's normal that you get still get it. 11554 has migrated and there you have one FTA channel (fransat info) have you tried that?

Thank You!
11554V -weaker signal now
128332

Yesterday was scanned:
128333

I'll check in the next days again.
Acc. to Flysat & Lyngsat 11471H/9900 is migrated on 5W B.
 
Last edited:
Hi,

Dresden (Eastern Germany) - eastern edge of the Transalpine-Beam

I lost about 2dB on all transponders that were transferred the other night.

On my 45 cm dish I still picked up all the Fransat Transponders, but I lost 12648 V and 11509 H was hardly there.

I'm fine now after an upgrade to 65 cm, even under the current wet conditions.

TF1_Fransat.webpFrance3_Fransat_5WA.webpFrance2Fransat.webpFrance3MIS.webpC8MIS.webp
 
Last edited:
Tests done with 1.50 m and 1.10 m antennas in my area after MIS transponders were moved to E5WB.
 

Attachments

  • 5.0W_10950-11700 HV_MIS-150cm dish__2020-01-22_13-43-17.webp
    5.0W_10950-11700 HV_MIS-150cm dish__2020-01-22_13-43-17.webp
    134.9 KB · Views: 29
  • 5.0W_12500-12750 HV_MIS-150cm dish_2020-01-22_13-43-17.webp
    5.0W_12500-12750 HV_MIS-150cm dish_2020-01-22_13-43-17.webp
    124.3 KB · Views: 28
  • 5.0W_10950-11700 VH_MIS with 110 dish__2020-01-22_14-17-35.webp
    5.0W_10950-11700 VH_MIS with 110 dish__2020-01-22_14-17-35.webp
    136.2 KB · Views: 23
  • 5.0W_12500-12750 VH_MIS with 110 dish_2020-01-22_14-17-35.webp
    5.0W_12500-12750 VH_MIS with 110 dish_2020-01-22_14-17-35.webp
    102.4 KB · Views: 22
  • 5.0W_12500-1750 HV before trps moved on E5WB.webp
    5.0W_12500-1750 HV before trps moved on E5WB.webp
    67.9 KB · Views: 18
Signal seems back up to nearly what it was on 5WA on the multistreams again here today, in cloudy drizzly weather too, after yesterday evening's slight dip.

Very happy to keep such easy reception of the multistreams with their superior EPG data and lack of encryption! I don't know why they can't manage more than just now and next on Fransat.
 
The signals are even better today, especially during daytime, standing at exactly as strong now as they were on 5A!
During nightime they lose about 1db!
11480H is extremely powerful at 20.2db. That's hardly indicative of the printed footprint for my location (I should be about 80km away from the 48dbW), the beam is definitely shifted a bit towards the east!
 
11480H cannot be tx'd on the TransAlp beam as I can get it with a 13dBW signal here on the 43cm dish. If its moved its on the main Europe beam. (Im getting nothing whatsoever for the freqs we have identified as being on the TransAlp beam).

Snapshot_20200122_205322265.webp
 
I'm getting that one (11480H) with an absolutely stonking 21dB of signal! I think that's the highest signal of any transponder I receive here across any satellite.

I don't remember it being that high before, and as 11471H is a new one which would also be part of the same transponder (just split up) then I'm guessing it's moved. It seems like they're using 11471H as a narrower version of 12690V so that it can use 5WB's limited transponder space (sharing with the other narrow radio transponders) and not an entire transponder on its own.

As you say, must be the European-wide beam.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top