eutelsat 9b reception signal

Correction - I managed to get a single broken frame picture :D

hungary.webp
 
I've tried marking Delhi here with a red dot, as under the official footprint it lies just outside the 42dbw contour.

Certainly there seems to be a better chance to pick up 9 East in northern parts of India without monster dishes compared to when the 9A satellite was in service...


...though the low elevation (roughly 10 degrees) might be a problem for some. Nevertheless 9B's widebeam footprint appears to gives viewers in much of the Middle East and Central Asia stronger coverage compared to 9A's beam.

Edit: Just to add that the DVB-S widebeam transponders are likely to be the easiest to catch. The real feather in the cap would be getting 12034 MHz, Vertical as that requires the highest signal quality (features a number of French language channels).

Yes, certainly !! People in Punjab ( closer to the beam than Delhi, reporting signals on 90 cms dishes)
I ll try in about a week's time from now, as presently I m not at my native. :)
 
@Milamber:
Actually I am interested in these:
FlySat KabelKiosk Packages
FlySat OTE Packages

@Analoguesat:
The hungarian stations theoretically could also be on the German A/Ge or Greece beam since these cover Hungary very well. If these are receivable far away from these they still must be on 9A or 9B Widebeam. And if this is the case then your dish is heavily misaligned.
 
@Milamber:
Actually I am interested in these:
FlySat KabelKiosk Packages
FlySat OTE Packages

@Analoguesat:
The hungarian stations theoretically could also be on the German A/Ge or Greece beam since these cover Hungary very well. If these are receivable far away from these they still must be on 9A or 9B Widebeam. And if this is the case then your dish is heavily misaligned.
Sorry, cannot see the Greek or German beams from here, only the wild one ( wide one )
 
Have you tested each one by one ?

Don't rely on what flysat writes on the beam column. The Kabelkiosk frequencies below 12130H at least yesterday still were on the Widebeam so these should be receivable. If not then they might have changed also to Germany A/Ge today.
 
Ive got a new lnb on the way so I'll try that first when it comes, and also try and rejig the dish at the same time
 
TBH Flysat does show some of the content still on wide beam, but most is on Greek or German, either way, will have to wait until the sons of Katie Elder as it´s getting good now!
 
This is bloody weird - tonight Ive got most if not all of of the 9B signals on the Greek & wide beams. I havent touched the dish for several days -Ive been waiting for the new lnb to arrive!

Ive even got the French stuff on 12034V which needs the high SNR

I wonder if a bloody pheasant has flown into it?! We had 9 of the damn things in the garden earlier in the week......
 
If 11785H is indeed Germany A its currently no problem here at 7.5dB


ch21.webp
 
Using the Flysat freq list Im currently getting all tp's except

12130H
12245H
12322H
12341V - receiver cant do anything with this multistream & reported as Italy beam anyway
12360H
12437H
 
Have you tested each one by one ?

Don't rely on what flysat writes on the beam column. The Kabelkiosk frequencies below 12130H at least yesterday still were on the Widebeam so these should be receivable. If not then they might have changed also to Germany A/Ge today.
OK, before the " I told you so " .....
I just checked the Greek beam ( OTE Packages ) , and it ain´t Greek, must be wide beam as I receive all txp´s between 13.2 and 15 dB
Off to check Kabelkiosk now!
 
OK, before the " I told you so " .....
I just checked the Greek beam ( OTE Packages ) , and it ain´t Greek, must be wide beam as I receive all txp´s between 13.2 and 15 dB
Off to check Kabelkiosk now!

Maybe they have selected the wrong beam out of the 6 available :eek:
 
Yeah from the received strengths here the KK stuff below 12130 must be widebeam
 
Just checked the KK on all txp´s listed from Flysat, minimum 10.1 max 13.3 dB
The bird has gone mad!
 
Just checked the KK on all txp´s listed from Flysat, minimum 10.1 max 13.3 dB
The bird has gone mad!


FFS several frequencies I just had have just bloody disappeared now! I need a beer!
 
This is bloody weird - tonight Ive got most if not all of of the 9B signals on the Greek & wide beams. I havent touched the dish for several days -Ive been waiting for the new lnb to arrive!

Ive even got the French stuff on 12034V which needs the high SNR

I wonder if a bloody pheasant has flown into it?! We had 9 of the damn things in the garden earlier in the week......
Just for the record, that´s reading 15.8 dB here at the moment
 
Germany, Greece, Wide, all quite similar from here. T90.
 

Attachments

  • germany.webp
    germany.webp
    27.8 KB · Views: 18
  • greece.webp
    greece.webp
    27.9 KB · Views: 17
  • wide.webp
    wide.webp
    27.9 KB · Views: 20
Back
Top