eutelsat 9b reception signal

I find it really strange, the beam has a very wide opening, I'm about 300km from the last 49dbW fleet and I have more than 16db on that frequency! Are you sure you tuned it with root+8 enabled?
 
I'm pretty sure I enabled root+8.My problem with this beam is that I don't have any signal on the vertical 12341,as you can see on spectrum. Seen very clearly that I have no trace of useful signal at this frequency,with root+8 enable or not!
I appreciate that the distance from my town and up to the edge of the footprint to be over 800 Km.BTW,there are so many curiosities at receptions,in good or bad,that I am no longer surprised at anything.But in this case I think that Italian beam do not reach really in my area.I would like to be wrong ;)
 

Attachments

  • 12341 V on spectrum.webp
    12341 V on spectrum.webp
    131.3 KB · Views: 15
I see, perhaps the footprints were designed in ways we haven't seen really! Concerning the nordic beam I'm no further than you are from the Italian beam, you receiver the former, I receive the latter, so anything is possible!
 
In my case the distances of the 2 Beams (Italian & Nordic/Baltic) are the following:
1. Italian beam stops at 49dbW (1350km NE direction from my location) and the reception with 2.1m is 9.5-10dB and with 3.4m is 12.3-12.7dB.
2. Nordic-Baltic beam stops also at 49dBW (850km N direction from my location) and the very strange situation(very closed freq. with the same polarity) at this beam is that i can receive the one of the two frequencies and on the second with no signal at all =12111v
(12149=6.1 &7.4 dB with my 2 dishes).
 
^^^ to add to the mystery, 12149 is clearly much weaker here than 12111 !?

One detail... the vu+ solo2 blindscan refuses to find any transponder on 12111, have to enter 'user defined' settings + manual scan to find the (very strong) signal.
The Vantage hd8000 blindscan correctly picks up 12111.
 
Yes both transponders are off.
 
12111V is back, on a different beam now! There is a test channel that I receive with about 16.3db, can't tell if it's Greek, Italian or Euro beam!
 
Well indeed, 12111 V now 10 dB, in the previous beam it was 8 dB.
(The other V transponders are 16...17 dB )
 
If the previous transmission was in Nordic beam, then this one is certainly not, as I couldn't receive a single trace before and now it's booming. For what it looks like, it should be Italian beam!
 
Could be. I was getting over 8dB on it before but no lock - now only 7.5dB but with a lock.
 
12111 V, nonexistant up here.
 
Nothing up there North, then indeed this might be Italian beam.
Parameters by the way, 12111 V 27500 2/3 DVB-S, so an easy threshold at 3.1 dB.
Something weird though, can't lock it in Crazyscan blindscan mode, need to manually enter 27500 for a lock.
12111V.webp
 
Last edited:
According to my stb it is 5dB hear most of the time, but dropping to 3.8 occasionally causing slight break up. Could not see anything before.
 
Pretty strong here: CrazyScan says 14.6-14.8dB. Since Ita and Eng audio is shown it might be on the Italian Beam.
 
Also, this same colour bars with "Mode Test" scrolling in it, can also be found in the Italian multistream on 12341 V.
 
Back
Top