Eutelsat W3A facing problems

EgyptDUDE

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
have a 2.40 m Amercian monster + truman Gold starsat + NeotionBox3000 + Mvision + DragonX
My Location
Egypt
Again large problems by Eutelsat. The satellite is no longer in its position and do not dispatches to receive through that signals. The problems with the Eutelsat W3A became round 06.20 hour discovers after the Eutelsat W3A satellite an uncontrolled turn made and these no longer repaired wanted to become. Eutelsat has in a press explanation reported that the satellite a protection has, the so-called "safe sun-pointing fashion". Because of this remains the satellite complete under supervision through the Eutelsat Satellite Control Centre.

This control centre has undertaken prevent meanwhile actions round the satellite to get in the right job round the earth and him want to be normal activities to let perform. It is yet unclear or it only damage at the satellite is whether the life span and the capacity of the satellite in negative sense have been influenced by this event.

Largest hit of this event is the Turkish betaaltelevisieprovider Digiturk. The entire package of Digiturk is not on this moment via the satellite to receive. Because various Turkish cable business via the satellite stations from the Digiturk package do not use for spread via the own cable network its also many stations via the Turkish cable on this moment to receive. The European Broadcast Union (EBU) has meanwhile all planned feeds for her buyers that today for ingepland stood on the Eutelsat W3A satellite temporarily moves to the Eutelsat W1 satellite on 10 degrees east.

It is for the second time in very short time that Eutelsat with problems of her satellite fleet is confronted. Recently one had large problems with the Hotbird3/Eurobird10 satellite. After move of this satellite to the 10 degrees east came the satellite in heavy problems correct. As awful that the life span and the transpondercapaciteit of this satellite in negative sense were influenced.

The Eutelsat W3A satellites is bad 2 1/2 years old and was launched on 16 March 2004. The satellite was launched furnish mainly to can large capacity by the Olympic Games 2004 in Anthene and replaced the Eutelsat W3 satellite. The Eutelsat W3A satellite has been made by the business EADS Astrium

source:Eutelsat
http://www.eutelsat.com/news/compress/en/2006/pdf/PR 4606 Statement W3A.pdf

R

Rd100

From a friend at BFBS i got this info

We lost the signal at 05:20 this morning looking at our monitoring, all
hell broke out shortly after that.

It's was very quite out of france first thing this morning, until the
press release. So we had no idea how bad it was.......
We have been told that we could have a service this evening, with the
satellite coming back into life at about 6pm UK. But I'm not holding my
breath as we cannot see the beacon from W3A yet !

yuriythebest

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
pentium 4 3.06ghz with ht, 1 gb ram, ss2, 1.15m motor dish, strong srtv50
My Location
Europe, Ukraine
yup seems to be gone. however what was of interest on it anyways?

yuriythebest

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
pentium 4 3.06ghz with ht, 1 gb ram, ss2, 1.15m motor dish, strong srtv50
My Location
Europe, Ukraine
same here, by the way is digiturk clear?

R

Rd100

Just had another email from my friend as BFBS he say's

The satellite was restored at 16:56 !

femto

Ey up, Sither!
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Echostar AD3000-IP,
Manhattan Plaza ST100,
Gibertini 1m Dish,
Inverto Silver Tech 0.2,
Polar Mount,
12 Inch Actuator.
My Location
Bradford, W Yorks
Heh, I was reading down the thread and was saying, "You what?" as I've just turned the dish to 7E and it's nearly melting the co-ax. Well, not really but it's a helluva strong signal. Oh well, I'll go back into my box... O-Ha