Every morning I get - No satellite signal is being received!!

stammerman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD box - Thomson
Sky Digibox - Pace 2600 C1

Panasonic DMR-BS750 - Freesat/PVR/Blu-Ray

1.8m Channel Master
QDF-031 Quad LNB 0.3dB C120
CM Feedhorn
My Location
Gothenburg, Sweeeden
Hi!

Almost every mornining, when I switch on my Sky HD box I get the message 'No satellite signal is being received' - This happens on all channels within the EPG. So I simply switch off the power - wait about a minute, switch back on again and hey presto I see all channels again. One other bit of info - Any programs that I have scheduled to record, record with no problem despite this message being displayed.

Also, about 6 months ago, I swopped out the PSU via a Satcure Kit and also swopped out the 320GB Hard disk to a Western Digital 500GB drive a few weeks ago, but still the same problem.

One final thing - I live in Gothenburg, Sweden and have a 1.8M Channel Master Dish and unless there is a heavy snow storm, I have no problems getting all the regular UK channels.

Any ideas or pointers?

Cheers,

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Well I don't have the answer, but mine shows exactly the same after being in standby occasionally, I'd put it down to the power supply, but having seen your problem, perhaps it isn't.

Interesting.

ralphmagno

Reaction score
My Location
naples italy
hello,
i don't know abourt the power in sweden but bad power spikes can cause the box to go into standbty and even show no satellite signal being received.
load into your added channels 12051 v this is the cnn cartoon network.
check these in the added section.
when it says no signal received go to cnn for 2 min and back out and the epg will load again and it should start working.
also sky is sending new softwere and sometimes the box goes to standby and it may be hard to boot back up as well.
ralph

stammerman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD box - Thomson

1.8m Channel Master
CM Feedhorn
My Location
Gothenburg, Sweeeden
Thanks for the advice Ralph - I'll definetely checkout the CNN/Cartoon Network tip.

Cheers,

Martin

D

deleted

hi stammerman
1st how old is your box i seem to have a lot of customers with this problem, i have found the box to be faulty most of the time i dont think the tuners are very good, had the same problem with my box and ended up binning it

the other 1 could be lnb have you had it checked with a meter.

stammerman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD box - Thomson

1.8m Channel Master
CM Feedhorn
My Location
Gothenburg, Sweeeden
Hi!

The Sky Box is about two years old and LNB is about 9 months old which I've checked and it seems to be fine.

Cheers,

Martin

t.m

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2 metre dish
Amstrad dx90 sky+ h.d box
My Location
stockholm
Hi
I live in stockholm and have exactly the same problem, most annoying ! any cure would be of great help

pishogay

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky, Echolink 3020IR Plus
My Location
North Yorkshire
Hi Guys, has anyone got round to the solution of this problem. its really annoying. Any updates?

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
pishogay said:
Hi Guys, has anyone got round to the solution of this problem. its really annoying. Any updates?

May not be linked to the original posters problem but can you supply more details, ie channels effected and receiver.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK

tmiddlemiss

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Pace 430
Thompson 2000
Sagem ISD91 HD
Amstrad Sky+HD
My Location
Oxford and Normandy
I have had no problems in the UK with my HDMI box, though when I bring it to France I do get the "no signal" message fairly frequently. I usually get the EPG back by switching the AE input from socket 1 to 2 and vice-versa. I haven't tried disconnecting the power, though will also try this next time it happens.

Power interruptions are more frequent in France and, in addition to the no signal received message, I find that I also lose any recording that has been set or is in process i.e. "recording failure" message appears in the planner.