Extending my cable?

roadrage

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
90cm Triax with Twin LNB's, Manhattan Starlight MX
Dragon Cam, Sly Dish, Freeview Reciever, Three TV's , Phillips Wireless TV Links, PS2, PC Laptop and hoping to grow.
My Location
West Midlands
I have recently had an extension and the builders cut the cable to my aerial! :mad: I am going to join the cable with some new coax. Question is, is this advisable and also how would i go about insulating the join without the rain affecting the ends? I have never installed my own equipment so go easy on me.

Thanks in advance.

Lancelot

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SS1.
125cm Gibbi with Channelmaster feedhorn and Inverto C120 twin.
36v H to H 62E - 61.5W
My Location
South central
Just get 2 'F' plugs and 1 of these.

Female barrel splice.

And cover it in self amalgamating tape

L.:)

roadrage

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dragon Cam, Sly Dish, Freeview Reciever, Three TV's , Phillips Wireless TV Links, PS2, PC Laptop and hoping to grow.
My Location
West Midlands
Thats great thanks!

johnwilliam1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
technomate 1500
strong 4375
pace digi box
triax 1.1, triax 88cm
My Location
UK.
road rage,

i have been using one of those barrels about a year now and i dont have any problems with them, those builders could'nt give a toss, i have watched them work and if they are contract workers like mine where to the council, they were rubbish, some of the ones who worked on the buildings near me got the sack

roadrage

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
West Midlands
Thanks guys, i have managed that little D.I.Y my self although i must confess that i didn'y use a barrel. Instead i used a male and female tv connector and then covered that with self amalgamating (sp) tape. I am trying to watch freeview and i get most channels except film four. Occasionally i see a picture then it goes off any suggestions? Is this likely to change if i use the barrel with two 'f' plugs?

PoloMint

Super Minty Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1200cc with 100,000,000,000 neurons and 100,000,000,000,000 connections
My Location
Fife, Scotland
The TV connector will degrade the signal much more severely than a barrel and screw f connectors. If you can change to the barrel join and see if the problems persist.

roadrage

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
West Midlands
Ok will try that thanks.