Exterior cable management suggestions for 2Xquattro lnb

bureaucrazy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
planning future installation of satellite TV
My Location
east of england
Hi,

I plan to have a dish with 2 quattrolnbs half way up the side of my house. There will be 8 cables in total. The cables will need to run about 2 or 3 meters up the wall into the loft. What is the best way to do this?

So far my options are:

A: use cable clips nailed into mortar for every cable individually
B: attach a gavanised cable tray to the wall with spacers/bracket underneath so that there is room to pull cable ties through the holes to secure each cable
C: use flexible conduit/tube and drill and screw brackets for this up the wall
D: use special 17mm thich 4lnb cable which is like 4 coax cables inside one sheath and clip to wall with pipe clips.

Thanks for any suggestions

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
I've used the 4 wire LNB cable in the past and whilst it is attractively coloured and identifiable, the cables will not fit into the boom arm of the LNB, and you need to drill 2 x 17mm holes in the wall (but then it may be better than 8 x 9mm ones). Can you hide the cables behind a convenient drain/waste pipe ?

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
If it were me, I'd used option C. You can of course try 7mm cable tie wall plugs.

Code:
Cable tie plugs offer a quick and easy way of fixing cables by means of a cable tie. Just drill a 6mm / 7mm hole, hammer in the fixing and insert the cable tie. Can be used use to tie several cables together.

Attachments

• cable-tie-wall-plugs-100--515-p.jpg
    cable-tie-wall-plugs-100--515-p.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 30

bureaucrazy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
planning future installation of satellite TV
My Location
east of england
Thanks for your replies. I think the 4lnb cables could be attached to the dish arm with cable ties? Thanks for the suggestion about the wall plugs. I never knew such things existed. Much easier than an ugly cable tray.

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
I used exactly the method suggested by Satelliteman when I fitted my quattro LNB in France. The flexible conduiting I bought in France has a steel wire running through which helps no end in pulling cable through. The stuff I've seen in the UK doesn't have a wire.

The cable tie plugs were in a big bag of 50 I think so I've still got quite a lot left. Brilliant idea.