F***C*** 2.18

A

Alola20020

Hi All
Plaese help to upgrade my cam to 2.18.
Also does that help in viewing 5in1 funcrds files???

Thanks for your help:-)

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Firstly Alola, you need to make sure that your CAM is the right type for upgrade, once you've established that it is you can find all of the information you need in previous threads.

You will need a laptop or PCMCIA adaptor on your desktop, the right upgrade files (they are linked in a previous thread) and ird106 or xaload.

Rolf

Alola2002

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
pj::
[updated:LAST EDITED ON 06-Jun-02 AT 07:42 PM (GMT) by rolfw (admin)]Sorry Alola, accidentally edited your post instead of replying to it, I will consider myself suitable embarrassed.

Rolf

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
You will need to look at the end of this link Alola, http://www.satellites.co.uk/scripts/webforum/DCForumID14/299_2.html
Download the Kina web or Mascetti CAM software from the link provided in the last post, or search for another link in the same forum.

Once you have the file, you need to follow the readme instructions enclosed with the file, you'll need to follow them exactly. There is also a post in one of the other threads describing the process.

Rolf

Alola2002

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Hi Rolf
I looked at the other messages but still confused.
I have a laptop( Win 2000).

Thanks again for the help.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
[updated:LAST EDITED ON 06-Jun-02 AT 09:39 PM (GMT)]You may need to use a laptop with something earlier than Win 2000 Alola, Win 98 or 95 work well with the ird106 or xaload.

If you have the option of starting with a DOS disk, then it may work for you. I'm not saying that it won't work with Win200, but I've heard that there are problems.

I really need to know how far you have got with the flash and what files you have before I can help more.

Rolf

Alola2002

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Hi Rolf
I got the files for 2.018.
1. and created a file in the Window for that file( it sayed to copy only 3 files).
2. Copy the CIPHYSICAL.DLL %windir%\system\ and %windir%\system32\ directory

3. Edit ird106.ini and change the binary=*.bin entry to the file you want to install

4. Copy ird106.ini to my Windows directory %windir%\

5. I run Win98 used irdeto98.inf .
6. Shut Down Laptop

7. Restarting Laptop (WITH THE CAM ON THE PCMCIA SLOT)

8. When it asked for a driver directory point to unzip directory (e.g. C:\CAM)

9. Start ird106.exe. Press the start button.

the screen did not disply green??
I assume there a missing step.

Thanks for your time.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Hi Alola, the irdio6.ini file that you edit sould be the one ine the windows directory and I think that the file title is Kina-F2-B018.bin

I actually installed all of the files onto a floppy and ran everything from there. Here is the readme that came with my file

* If you run Win98, Win95 OSR2 or WinME delete Irdeto95.inf
* If you run NT, XP or Win2000, it won't work.
* Insert CI in PCMCIA slot of your laptop. When it asks you for a driver directory point to C:\FREECAM
* Copy ird106.ini to your Windows directory (e.g. C:\WINDOWS)

* Edit ird106.ini (the one in your Windows directory) and change the binary= entry to the file you want to install (Binary=Kina-F2-B018.bin).

* Click on ird106.exe in C:\FREECAM. Press the start button. When the display turns green, you're all set.
* Unlike other readmes it is not necessary to copy the CIPHYSICAL.DLL anywhere

Rolf

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Ive heard there are some dodgy versions of the update on the Net so you might be taking a risk of a damaged CAM with it

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
I believe that alola has the version from Phill's which is the real McCoy CH. But the advice is well given and should be heeded with all potential updates.

Rolf