fan inside 500s ?

machkover

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
windows xp + manual motoring+dm500s
My Location
morocco
hi everybody . As overheating causes many problems to the componenets on the 500s motherboad . i came to the conclusion of installing a fan inside the box so as to cool the pieces inside . but not being a repair-man myself ,i don't know from where one can get the 12 v to have the fan work .in other words where can one solder the red and the black wires of the fan so that it can start cooling the stuff ? the fan shall be fixed to the cover of course and it must be of a medium size to fit inside the box ! i ulpoaded a photo af my open box so that our "doctors" show us where we can solder the black and red wires of the fan. this is in my opinion the best and cheapest way to overcome the problem of overheating !! if you have other suggetions ,they are welcome here !! :-window

[warning]For the second time we have uploaded your photos to our server, do not link to outside photo servers again, next time its a warning [/warning]

Attachments

• 500.jpg
    500.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 36

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Not necessarily the solution, the PSU's on clone boxes are on the limit with their capabilities to begin with, many are unable to drive a basic motor, fitting a cooling fan may tip the PSU over the edge and kill the box

machkover

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
morocco
thanks guys :-worshipfor uploading my photos ! i am awfully sorry i didn't mean to !! i wanted to upload the photos as an attached thumbnail but i didn't manage to ! the photos didn't upload when i send my post and check them on the forum . you can see that i am not that good in computering . can you give me a link in our forum to learn how to do this next time ? i am also begging "Topper " to help me with it!!

machkover

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
morocco
Topper said:
Not necessarily the solution, the PSU's on clone boxes are on the limit with their capabilities to begin with, many are unable to drive a basic motor, fitting a cooling fan may tip the PSU over the edge and kill the box

so providing an external 12v power source may do the job then , don't you think so ?but we will have too many wires around !! what about soldering the black and red wires at the first entrance of the 12v inside the box at the red marked place in the photo !!Copie de DSC01997.JPG

p.s thanks God ,i finally managed to upload the photo !!

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
You can stick the wires where you want if the PSU is not capable of delivering the required current to drive the fan then you will blow the PSU
:-deadhorse

machkover

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
morocco
thanks Topper for answering quickly . however i wish that the donkey in your smiley makes reference to the PSU and not to someone else !

ralphmagno

Reaction score
My Location
naples italy
hello to all,
i have been running the dm500s for 1 and 1/2 years 24/7 and no falure yet.
the box runnes on a 12 v power supply right.
well mounting small microfan that works on 12 v should not put a drain on the box.
it could put one on the power supply.
so if it uses a 12 volt 1 amp supply and the fan loads the system then go to a slightly larger supply and it should take care of things.
they usualy use a supply larger than the system needs.
ralph:cool:

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
ralphmagno said:
it could put one on the power supply.

Yes Ralph that is what PSU stands for in posts 2 and 5 :-doh2