Fascinating and invaluable stuff, these forums!.

trialscot

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
sky (raven)dish freesat/sky stbs
My Location
NW Scotland
We got freesat from Sky about a year ago and were thinking of having it in a couple more rooms.
Believe it or not (don't laugh) we initially assumed that we would have to buy another 2 Freesat from Sky packages, with dishes etc.
After finding these forums and spending much time reading most of the posts we realised that all we needed was a quad lnb (£8 ebay), a couple of cheap ebay STBs and some cable and voila, Freesat all over.

For the past 3 years I've been renovating a house for our retirement with most of the work DIY apart from the really skilled stuff (or bits that would cause harm if they collapsed at a later date!.) All ground floors out, solum laid, new joists and floorboards. All ground floor walls stripped of damp damaged and blown plaster, internal walls removed, 2 storey extension nearing completion. I've always been a fairly practical type but nothing on this scale ever before.

I've had the most detailed and invaluable advice from a DIY forum and I would like to put on record the gratitude all us novices in these things owe to you guys on the Satellite tv support forum for giving your time to do the same thing here.
Even if the exact problem isn't answered it is often enough to give food for thought that results in a flash of understanding.
Many thanks again to all.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Welcome to the forum trialscot

Well thank you for taking the time to register and post your thanks to all the members here after all it is the members that make the forum the valuable resource that it is today.

I am sure that for every person that finds the forum a useful place there is another that doesn't know about it and does out and buys all that unnecessary equipment.