fastsatfinder - Twinhan Starbox2

c-m

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
45 sky minidish, Quad LNB, Twinhan Starbox
My Location
Norfolk
I am trying to align my 45cm minidish to anthying at the moment (or dial into 28E a bit better). I have downloaded fastsatfinder, but when i select twinhan under device (for my starbox2) I just get an error about the device not being started.

There is abosolutly nothing wrong with the device as I can use mytheater to watch channels at the moment.

c-m

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Norfolk
no-one knows?

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Give it a few days - many members wont be on the forum over the main part of the Christmas period.

Old Geezer

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Openbox V8S & TM5200D PVR Systems
My Location
Deepest South Wales
Hi c-m,
Are You using an early version of MT , such as 2.76 or a later version with their own core(engine) in it?
I'm not familiar with the Twinhan (use an SS2 myself) but the SS2 had a setup4pc program which You had to be installed which locked onto the satellite signal and then used that for the satfinder program (also for the pre-engine ProgDV:cool:.
I haven't tried any of the newer core driven versions of MT or ProgDVB so if it's a later version You're using , hopefully another fellow user will be able to help you out.
Hope that's of use but post again if you get no joy.
Seasons greetings,
Old Geezer

c-m

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Norfolk
i'm using the latest version of mytheatre, but i don't see what that has to do with the application Fastsatfinder? That is what i'm trying to get the Starbox to work with, to help me sort out my dish setup without the need for a beeper (since the program itself does it)

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I think that OldGeezer is suggesting that the satfinder program may need elements of the setup4pc, or another program to work.

Old Geezer

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Openbox V8S & TM5200D PVR Systems
My Location
Deepest South Wales
Hi All,
Thanks for clearing that up Rolf , that was indeed what I was trying to say.
I've been too long away from the forum and really confused everyone (including myself).
I know that the early versions of progDVB wouldn't run without the setup4PC installed , hence the somewhat garbled reply.
In this instance though I'm no use as I don't use any satfinder progs and use a spare S*y box or sat meter to set up the different sats.
Hopefully though someone else may use this software and be of more use.
Seasons greetings to All,
Old Geezer

member91040

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DISH TV,DIRECT DD+,
TATA SKY,HATHWAY,
NOKIA 9660S,
PCI SAT CARD TWINHAN NSS6, PAS7/10, ASIASAT3S, INSAT,INETEL SAT, EUROSTAR, DremBox, & Multi LNB'S
My Location
INDIA
Need A Full Version Of Fast Sat Finder.

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
c-m said:
i'm using the latest version of mytheatre, but i don't see what that has to do with the application Fastsatfinder? That is what i'm trying to get the Starbox to work with, to help me sort out my dish setup without the need for a beeper (since the program itself does it)

May be a driver problem. Working OK with MyTheatre doesn't necessarily mean it will with other progs.

Check the Twinhan site for updated BDA drivers.

Llew