Fatallyflawed - Good Advice

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
In the wake - of the recall - of those Lime leccy saving products release into the wild last year, some safety criticism of those child safety devices that are seemingly ubiquitous in the average home

_http://www.fatallyflawed.org.uk/

I wouldn't buy them, but they are on offer at our local charity shop in droves, and appear to come in handy when you have damp hands from fitting a dish outside, a two pin plug on the end of the foreign receiver / linked subscriber card supplied by the client and can't be bothered to pull your keys out of the pocket to activate the earth terminal.

Riverblue

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See Signature
My Location
Near Brighton
Frightening, never liked the bloody things anyway. It's quite incredible that in our over regulated "'elf 'n safety" country something like this gets past all the rules and regulations considering some of the crap that they complicate everyones lives with.

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham
I've seen that before, it's funny, cos the socket covers claim to make electricity safe for kids, but, from my own experience of being 3 years old and left alone with a plugged in lamp, removing the bulb and sticking my fingers into the socket to press the buttons and receiving quite the shock, them socket covers don't do squat.... O-no

The truly safest option is to replace the sockets with blanking plates, if the socket isn't required, just terminate the copper wires with a connector block (keeping the ring wired together, unless it's a spur or radial, which just needs terminating only), slap a plate over the top and tell junior to leave the sockets well alone...

Never stopped me mind... O-Ha

And my recalled Lime plug thingy is doing great service in it's project box, works great, just without the badly crimped L & N pins... :lol: