sky Pace HD Box
Tagra 2,20 M Fullsize Dish
Echostar 2,40m Mesh for cband!
My Location
Austria
hello!
one,techical questions!

a friend,bought a ps3 console on ebay,but,it seems to be not working

after getting power,the light ,on the console,is green,then yellow,and after that,it is blinking red!

what,could be fault?

its,an import asian console,what you think,would it costs,when we,send it to sony service?
how,long import console ,have warenty,in europe?
the sony Austria Hotline told me,maximum 6 month,is this in every country difrent?

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+ Pace v3, and before that analouge 80cm dish with Prima by Pace box pointed at 19.2e (not very imaginative then!)
My Location
Colchester, Essex
Your friend has been sold a faulty machine from the start, your friend has been 'done'.

Sony will not help you the moment they realise it's an Asian import - by importing a console from outside its domestic terrority, you have broken the terms and conditions of the warranty. Sorry about that.

If you're lucky, you might be able to bring it to an independant gaming shop where they will be able to diagnose the problem for you, but do not expect it to be anything other than mighty expensive, and even then they might not be able to repair it.

I'd suggest to your friend that he contacts the eBay seller immediately and demands a return and refund.

Turok

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1,25 Fibostop
Jäger Smr 1224 & Smo 36 Dual Axsis Motor
Dynasat F1
Monterey 140
Drembox 800
sky Pace HD Box
Tagra 2,20 M Fullsize Dish
Echostar 2,40m Mesh for cband!
My Location
Austria
Hi!
yes,i contact,sony,and the told me the same...

is,this only on the ps3 console,with the country limit warenty?

,i was thinking ,in the past,sony makes advertising,offering world wide warenenty,for example,for camcorders,i buy anywhere,in the world,and have warenty in my home country!?

could,it be posible,that this law,was changed,very shortly,last year,i called sony,and ask,how long i have warenty,when i import usa ps3,the man,on phone told me, 6 month not more

in eu now 2 years
and i heard,in irland,is it 6 years warenty,read this in newspaper,is this true,sound amazing:)