Exmanc

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
85 cm dish
Pace digibox
Sky viewing card
My Location
Malmö Sweden
I have just purchased a pace 2600 digibox on e-bay. By looking at the model no it appears to be an older model.
I have most things working (I subscribe to sky through my brother in uk).
Unfortunately my epg software is 3.4.4b I have tried to force an update by the usual methods. However when I am pushing the backup button and at the same time reconnecting the mains, I get the message on the screen that the update is in process but unfortunately the box switches itself back on at the same time as the message appears (as well as 3 lights on front panel). I have tried both pushing the backup button before reconnecting to the mains and vice versa.
Is there any other way to force an update?

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
If after doing it the screen message says 'system software update etc' then you have done the correct procedure. The usual process takes around 5-10 mins.

Leaving the receiver on for a few days can sometimes catch up. Poss box problem of course.

Just in case:

Hold back up button on receiver
Plug receiver into mains
Keep back up pressed until all lights light up on front display.
Let go of back up

Exmanc

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
85 cm dish
Pace digibox
Sky viewing card
My Location
Malmö Sweden
satelliteman said:
If after doing it the screen message says 'system software update etc' then you have done the correct procedure. The usual process takes around 5-10 mins.

I get the appropriate message, and iI have left it on for nearly 20 mins, the problem being is that the green (on) light comes on at the same time the message comes on the screen.

Leaving the receiver on for a few days can sometimes catch up. Poss box problem of course.

I never switch the receiver off.

Just in case:

Hold back up button on receiver
Plug receiver into mains
Keep back up pressed until all lights light up on front display.
Let go of back up

I have held back up button in, and the plugged into mains but as mentioned the green light comes on at the same time as all the other lights on the front panel (3) and the message comes up on the screen.

Shoog

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+
My Location
UK
Exmanc said:
I have just purchased a pace 2600 digibox on e-bay. By looking at the model no it appears to be an older model.
I have most things working (I subscribe to sky through my brother in uk).
Unfortunately my epg software is 3.4.4b

I've just done exactly the same, haven't used it much yet, seems to be okay, but you said most things were working? What wasn't working?

Did your box eventually update?