Advice Needed feed hunting with crazyscan

drats

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VU+Duo, Vu+Duo2, Vu+Zero, Gibi 1.5m, TBS 6903 PCI
My Location
North West UK
I've got set up with my TBS card and crazyscan and have been blind scanning full satellites and adding the updated .ini file to dvb dream.
My question is, if I scan a range of frequencies looking for feeds, what is the quickest way to get them into dvb dream without overwriting the existing .Ini file?
Is it just manually copying and pasting the transponders?

pontiend

Contibruter
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See Signature
My Location
south yorkshire
They can be entered into the Satellite file in the transponders Folder in the DVBDream folder.Not forgetting to save after entry.

moonbase

Small Dish Man
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
drats,

Did you know that you can direct a scanned feed from CrazyScan or EBS Pro to open up in VLC Player? This sometimes allows you to see what is on the feed before transfering the frequency details to DVB Dream. If you were aware of this then please just ignore my comment.

Rgds

pontiend

Contibruter
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See Signature
My Location
south yorkshire
Not thinking properly this morning.:)A quick way to insert feed transponders would be to use manual scan under channels in DVBDream.
EDIT Not thinking properly most mornings these days.:)

moonbase

Small Dish Man
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Not thinking properly this morning.:)A quick way to insert feed transponders would be to use manual scan under channels in DVBDream.
EDIT Not thinking properly most mornings these days.:)

pontiend,

Yes, I was thinking along similar lines.

Scan using CrazyScan or EBS Pro, send the signal to VLC Player and note which ones you want to manually scan into DVB Dream. For those not opening via VLC Player then they would need to be scanned manually in DVB Dream. It allows the user to reject some of the unwanted feeds before going to DVB Dream

Rgds

drats

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VU+Duo, Vu+Duo2, Vu+Zero, Gibi 1.5m, TBS 6903 PCI
My Location
North West UK
Many thanks, I love getting stuck into new things. I've been toying with the idea of a sat card for a while as it just opens another door that is so time consuming on a receiver. Am loving it so far, there is so much to learn.

Thanks again guys :-applause