Feedbacks on Prodelin VSAT antenna or Prime Focus Antenna's

Moradabad

SAT SPECIALIST INDIA
My Satellite Setup
One 12 Feet Heavy Antenna, one 10 Feet Double Rib Antenna

Dreambox Dm500S, DM 7025. HD Receiver,Envision,
Eurostar receiver, 4 Dual LNBS, 5 PFA Lnbs
My Location
india
Hi all,


Can anyone throw some lite on Prodelin 4-5 meter Prime focus antenna or there VSAT antenna's.

Anyone using those for Fringe reception.


Thanks
 
The largest antenna made by Prodelin is a 4.5m antenna, but it is receive only.

When they are assembled correctly, and have the correct feed on them, they perform much like many other 4.5m antennas.

One disadvantage however is that it does not have the ability to be motorised. Additionally the King Post that is designed for it is extremely large., adding considerably to the shipping costs.
 
Hi Moradabad,

Prodelin 450 cm prime focus dish is not one solid piece but many panels and it costs 14,000 Euros.
 
Yes actually I got a recent order for Hotbird installation.

I posted this thread to get the feedbacks of others.

When I contacted Prodelin and went to see there dish I was amazed the dish was not upto my expectation.

The signal which we got in there 3.6 M / 12 feet VSAT antenna can be received by same size Prime focus antenna. Nothing different it was a 4 Piece antenna.

It was a motorized one, we also tested there 2.4 M and 1.8 M antenna's but nothing much different as compared to our Prime Focus assembled antenna's.

I am not sure why companies spend so much and use VSAT offset antenna's when the signal of both PFA and Offset feed is same.

Only difference is VSAT can be installed easily compared to PFA one.

here the price they offered me was 7000 Euros.

But it was waste for me as the satellite I was looking for never came in that antenna

We were able to get 16E on that but the signal was same as we get in normal dish.
 
Moradabad said:
Yes actually I got a recent order for Hotbird installation.

I posted this thread to get the feedbacks of others.

When I contacted Prodelin and went to see there dish I was amazed the dish was not upto my expectation.

The signal which we got in there 3.6 M / 12 feet VSAT antenna can be received by same size Prime focus antenna. Nothing different it was a 4 Piece antenna.

Unless you are expecting something magical I am not sure why you believe one dish will perform remarkably better than another if both are assembled correctly. A parabola is a parabola.

7000 Euros delivered with king post is not a bad price at all.
 
Channel Hopper said:
Unless you are expecting something magical I am not sure why you believe one dish will perform remarkably better than another if both are assembled correctly. A parabola is a parabola.

7000 Euros delivered with king post is not a bad price at all.

If the dish is not able to give us expected result there is no fun in investing for that !
 
For these questions you should ask in a more professional forum like satcom, they work daily with these dishes.
 
Moradabad said:
If the dish is not able to give us expected result there is no fun in investing for that !

The specifications of the dish have gain figures at three points on the Ku band, are you expecting to achieve this level of performance or more ?



I don't believe many manufacturers guarantee 'magical results' with many products, except wands and top hats.
 
From my little experience I know that Channel Master performs beautifully good results. For example: when they tell you it's 2.4 m dish it's actually 2.6 m, though giving extra few % more in gain.
Then another thing is that the less segments used in dish assembly the better results. Critical is assembly-procedure itself to obtain most correct surface reflector.
And finally most "magical" results are obtained with correct Feedhorn design and possibly a High-Gain LNB along with less noise possible.

I hope this 1-2-3 points helps someone in future problems with big dish reception.
 
Prodelin Antennas are mostly used for VSAT (Very Small Aperture Terminal) systems incorporating a Hub and a number (large or small) of Remotes assembled throughout a country or countries. These antennas are very sturdy and mostly come in four quadrant assy except for the 1.8 M which comes as a whole. These antennas also include de-icing equipment if they are to be used in very cold countries. Companies choose these types of Antennas because besides receiving signals from the sats, they also upload to the Sat, in other words these Ants take an r/f head as well (1 or 2 Watt mostly) and thats whats makes them ideal for companies interested in investing in such communication networks.
 

Attachments

  • scan0002.webp
    scan0002.webp
    237.5 KB · Views: 180
  • scan0003.webp
    scan0003.webp
    286.2 KB · Views: 169
Telia said:
For these questions you should ask in a more professional forum like satcom, they work daily with these dishes.

A somewhat idiotic response from somebody that posts on both forums.
 
thanks for the reply, actually we already receive Hotbird 6 on 9 to 10 feet means around 2.4 to 3 M antenna.

But the signal of Hotbird 9 & 8 is not accessible on that antenna.

The signal is coming 500 KM far from us. its in Punjab area of INDIA. We get many installation works for Hotbird 9 & 8 so I was looking for some antenna that can get us that signal.

May be Branded antenna's are good in precision, which is difficult to maintain in a Mesh antenna what we use, as those are made by hand and assembled locally. So every antenna has different signal.

That was the reason I am looking for 4 to 5 Meter antenna thinking that we can get the signal which people 500 KM far from us are getting on a 3 Meter dish, we can get that signal on 5 Meter dish.

Has anyone experimented this before.
 
Then you have been asking the wrong question.

Unless you can confirm somebody 500kms does receive the signals you need on a 4.5m antenna, then there is little chance you would receive it either, regardless of the dish you install.

You could of course be the first to try it, and report back.
 
Thats what I am trying to do. I want to procure some good antenna.

Because I tested Prodelin 3.8 M antenna and failed to get Hotbird 9 on that I am a bit confused what to do.

Shall we install a 16 feet good Solid Mesh type dish or 5 M Prodelin, but this experiment will cost not less than 10,000 Euro's, thats the main issue.
 
Moradabad said:
Because I tested Prodelin 3.8 M antenna and failed to get Hotbird 9 on that I am a bit confused what to do.

Shall we install a 16 feet good Solid Mesh type dish or 5 M Prodelin, but this experiment will cost not less than 10,000 Euro's, thats the main issue.

A 3.8m dish will not perform better than a larger dish if they are assembled according to the instructions, plus I am now unsure which model of dish you are thinking of as Prodelin do not make a 5metre version (of any type). And you should explain what you mean by a 'solid mesh' dish is as well.

Which models exactly ?
 
Channel Hopper said:
A 3.8m dish will not perform better than a larger dish if they are assembled according to the instructions, plus I am now unsure which model of dish you are thinking of as Prodelin do not make a 5metre version (of any type). And you should explain what you mean by a 'solid mesh' dish is as well.

Which models exactly ?

The Solid Mesh type I refered to this dish, in this the base structure is of Mesh antenna, only difference is instead of Using Prefereed Mesh we use Solid Aluminum Sheets & the Offset is also same of Offset antenna not like Prime Focus antenna.

This is best dish we make locally for receiving Out of Footprint Satellites like Hotbird,Eurobird & Eutelsat series.

I tested Prodelin 3.8 M VSAT antenna for receiving Hotbird and others satellites this is the no 3.8 Meter Rx/Tx C and Ku-Band, Series 1385


_http://www.gdsatcom.com/antennas_vsat.php

What I see is that they manufacture upto 4.5 M offset antennas.
 
You will get plenty of more requests for the bigger dishes when Hotbird 10 comes into use - she will be replacing Hotbird 6 - and shes identical to Hotties 8 & 9! :D
 
Moradabad said:
The Solid Mesh type I refered to this dish, in this the base structure is of Mesh antenna, only difference is instead of Using Prefereed Mesh we use Solid Aluminum Sheets & the Offset is also same of Offset antenna not like Prime Focus antenna.

This is best dish we make locally for receiving Out of Footprint Satellites like Hotbird,Eurobird & Eutelsat series.
I tested Prodelin 3.8 M VSAT antenna for receiving Hotbird and others satellites this is the no 3.8 Meter Rx/Tx C and Ku-Band, Series 1385
_http://www.gdsatcom.com/antennas_vsat.php

What I see is that they manufacture upto 4.5 M offset antennas.

A 16 foot dish in metric is just under 4.8 metres and would have a surface area nearly 25% bigger than a Prodelin 3.8m.

Prodelin's 4.5m is a prime focus antenna, not offset
 
Actully untill 16E & 9E are Dead for India. till then no solution will come up.

As once Hotbird 9 and 8 gone people are focusing on 16E and 9E. Once these 2 are replaced by some new sat which has sharp Spot Beams Untill then no one is going to do R&D and investigate.

Hope 9E and 16E vanishes soon
 
Moradabad said:
Once these 2 are replaced by some new sat which has sharp Spot Beams Untill then no one is going to do R&D and investigate.

The last thing a hobbyist wants in this business is a 'sharp' beam. Spillover is what interests them
 
Back
Top