Feedhorn types

Messages
28
Likes
0
My Satellite Setup
No dish,no aerial as live in flat!! Communal stuff on roof.
My Location
Southsea, Hants
#1
what make and type of feedhorn with and without adjustable F/D gets the most out of the 2D channels, used ONLY with invacom C-120 lnbs ? The ones I use are good BUT are there any better ?
 

bignick

Specialist Contributor
Messages
336
Likes
0
My Satellite Setup
Back in the UK and missing Cyprus!!!
My Location
Aylesbury
#2
sat man said:
what make and type of feedhorn with and without adjustable F/D gets the most out of the 2D channels, used ONLY with invacom C-120 lnbs ? The ones I use are good BUT are there any better ?
These are the ones we use in Cyprus: http://www.satellites.co.uk/satellite/538690-post51.html

The large one works best on dishes 2.3m and above. The small ones are the same as the Invacom equivilent. If you listen to the local experts they will say it's a local idea that Invacom have ripped off, and they may have a point!
 

iceman

Specialist Contributor
Messages
744
Likes
3
My Satellite Setup
3.0m Motorised Channel Master + 4 fixed dish Amstrad_DRX890C
DM7020s,DM800se
UNOHM EP314 PROMAX TV Explorer
My Location
Kyrenia - NORTH CYPRUS
#3
sat man said:
what make and type of feedhorn with and without adjustable F/D gets the most out of the 2D channels, used ONLY with invacom C-120 lnbs ? The ones I use are good BUT are there any better ?
Post a picture of the ones you use and also tell us what type and size dish do you use them on?
 

iceman

Specialist Contributor
Messages
744
Likes
3
My Satellite Setup
3.0m Motorised Channel Master + 4 fixed dish Amstrad_DRX890C
DM7020s,DM800se
UNOHM EP314 PROMAX TV Explorer
My Location
Kyrenia - NORTH CYPRUS
#4
bignick said:
If you listen to the local experts they will say it's a local idea that Invacom have ripped off, and they may have a point!
It is absolutely true M8....Invacom did steal that feedhorn design after we proved how well it worked with their C120's..:)
Have a look at the date on my post here>>
http://www.satellites.co.uk/satellite/22600-post24.html
 
Messages
28
Likes
0
My Satellite Setup
No dish,no aerial as live in flat!! Communal stuff on roof.
My Location
Southsea, Hants
#5
I use them on the famaval 2.4 prime focus dish, the feed horns are the same colour as the dish, Grey and I've been told by the guys I buy the dishes from they are made especially for all the famaval dishes. I can also buy the exactly the same feedhorn locally. (_www.tecatel.com see GIA-V05) They seem to work very well with the invacom lnbs and are cheap too ! I pay €15 for em from my main supplier but there a lot more from the other supplier.
 

iceman

Specialist Contributor
Messages
744
Likes
3
My Satellite Setup
3.0m Motorised Channel Master + 4 fixed dish Amstrad_DRX890C
DM7020s,DM800se
UNOHM EP314 PROMAX TV Explorer
My Location
Kyrenia - NORTH CYPRUS
#6
GIA-V05 gives out a very good overall result on 4.2m prime focus dish and its my favorite...
I also like the plastic cap on it which keeps the insects and spiders out..
 
Messages
28
Likes
0
My Satellite Setup
No dish,no aerial as live in flat!! Communal stuff on roof.
My Location
Southsea, Hants
#7
Yeah forgot to mention that plastic cap !! I noticed quite a increase in signal when it's fitted, don't know why but BBC ONE seems to improve and so does CH 4. Also I've heard that if the face that touches the lnb is ground and polished that is an improvement too, not sure how but in vsat stuff that is an issue, but that's another thing.......
 

bignick

Specialist Contributor
Messages
336
Likes
0
My Satellite Setup
Back in the UK and missing Cyprus!!!
My Location
Aylesbury
#8
sat man said:
I use them on the famaval 2.4 prime focus dish, the feed horns are the same colour as the dish, Grey and I've been told by the guys I buy the dishes from they are made especially for all the famaval dishes. I can also buy the exactly the same feedhorn locally. (_www.tecatel.com see GIA-V05) They seem to work very well with the invacom lnbs and are cheap too ! I pay €15 for em from my main supplier but there a lot more from the other supplier.
I know the ones you mean m8. I think the large adjustable feedhorn give better results. Do you get these feeds where you are?
 
Messages
28
Likes
0
My Satellite Setup
No dish,no aerial as live in flat!! Communal stuff on roof.
My Location
Southsea, Hants
#9
Yes I can get the adjustable ones, although I've never tried them.What distance do you set the scalar rings back if you know what I mean.
 

bignick

Specialist Contributor
Messages
336
Likes
0
My Satellite Setup
Back in the UK and missing Cyprus!!!
My Location
Aylesbury
#10
sat man said:
Yes I can get the adjustable ones, although I've never tried them.What distance do you set the scalar rings back if you know what I mean.
You say you get the adjustable ones but do you get the LARGE adjustable ones. Honestly m8 they make a difference! I usually set Salar ring up within a thread of the end of the male threaded bit (I call it the wave guide - would that be correct?) i.e. so there is little or no threads protruding through the scalar. If you check the invacom site for the feed then you will find that the Famaval fD requires more than this - but it is results that count!!

Cheers

Nick
 
Messages
28
Likes
0
My Satellite Setup
No dish,no aerial as live in flat!! Communal stuff on roof.
My Location
Southsea, Hants
#11
The dia. of the face is (just getting one out the back of my car and measuring it so bear with me.............) is 74mm and it's 70mm long.
Just looked at the invacom site at their feedhorn, is that what ones you use ?
let me know a www to look at. TVM
 

bignick

Specialist Contributor
Messages
336
Likes
0
My Satellite Setup
Back in the UK and missing Cyprus!!!
My Location
Aylesbury
#12
sat man said:
The dia. of the face is (just getting one out the back of my car and measuring it so bear with me.............) is 74mm and it's 70mm long.
Just looked at the invacom site at their feedhorn, is that what ones you use ?
let me know a www to look at. TVM
That's the small one m8. The big one is 108mm dia. The link I gave you earlier gives this information. I'm pretty sure it's a local thing so don't know a www that gives detail.

Cheers

Nick
 

bignick

Specialist Contributor
Messages
336
Likes
0
My Satellite Setup
Back in the UK and missing Cyprus!!!
My Location
Aylesbury
#14
Coviello said:
Where can I buy that large adjustable feedhorn?
Coviello
FutureSat in Limassol, but I don't suppose thats much use to you!

I'm now reasonably certain that these things are Cyprus home made and therefore very difficult obtain elsewhere.

I might be willing to buy a few and send them out but they ain't gonna be cheap especially if they are sent as single units! If anyone is interested then PM me and I'll do some checking.

Cheers

Nick
 

iceman

Specialist Contributor
Messages
744
Likes
3
My Satellite Setup
3.0m Motorised Channel Master + 4 fixed dish Amstrad_DRX890C
DM7020s,DM800se
UNOHM EP314 PROMAX TV Explorer
My Location
Kyrenia - NORTH CYPRUS
#15
bignick said:
I'm now reasonably certain that these things are Cyprus home made and therefore very difficult obtain elsewhere.
You are right there M8...These adjustable feeds are locally designed & machined for use in Cyprus...
Who knows?Invacom might decide to market these larger adjustables feeds also soon.:)

these are the feeds i use...The "large" one on the left is MP Sat's model (12mm smaller diameter than Future's model),the center one is invacom's feed and the one on the right is a "modified" GIA-V05..
I have these GIA-V05's neck machined down to 24mm from 29mm so that i can use them on the original feed plate of 4.2m Jonsa's...
 

Attachments

bignick

Specialist Contributor
Messages
336
Likes
0
My Satellite Setup
Back in the UK and missing Cyprus!!!
My Location
Aylesbury
#16
iceman said:
The "large" one on the left is MP Sat's model (12mm smaller diameter than Future's model)
I really do hate to be a 'Told you so' :p Like I say, Future's version works best!! (on Famaval anyway)
 

bignick

Specialist Contributor
Messages
336
Likes
0
My Satellite Setup
Back in the UK and missing Cyprus!!!
My Location
Aylesbury
#17
iceman said:
Who knows?Invacom might decide to market these larger adjustables feeds also soon.:)
Surprised they haven't tried already m8!
 

bignick

Specialist Contributor
Messages
336
Likes
0
My Satellite Setup
Back in the UK and missing Cyprus!!!
My Location
Aylesbury
#19
Coviello said:
Dear Nick,
did you get my answer to yout pm?
Coviello
Yes mate, For some reason you are not able to receive PM at the moment???

I only do the satellite stuff part time and I haven't been able to get to the supplier and post office for prices. I will happily send you the feed and I reckon I will have some information for you by next Wednesday

Cheers

Nick
 

Gaza 1

Regular Member
Messages
48
Likes
0
My Satellite Setup
3Mtr Laser PF invacom .3 lnb and laser feed horn AD3000VAICP Cards Cams all the other Stuff
Annie 204 Spectrum
My Location
Fetihye S/w Turkey
#20
Has Any one Tried The large one on a Laser 3/4/5 Mtr Dish Might be worth in getting one to try


Gary
 
Top