Feedshunter plug-in just gives a black screen :-(

joe publik

Reaction score
Hey Dreamers ...

For the life of me I can not get the Feedshunter plug-in working on my DB. I install the files in the correct place, (plugins directory under /var, all in the same directory) also CHMOD the .so file to 0x755, the "Feedshunter" option appears in my plug-in list but when I select it all I get is a black screen. No working :-(

Set-up is a DB7K and Hydra Achilles/Lucien images (same thing happens with both images), think I also tried PP images ... All with 1.08.xx

Anyone have it working?

Is it worth the effort?

Is there a better way to use the DB as a feed hunter/scanner?

Cheers,

JP

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
Good question, but I'm afraid I don't have an answer. All I can tell you is that I read a post on the Austrailian forum from a guy who had been researching the feed-hunting possibilities, and tried that plugin. He too got zip.

I think that the hardware is capable, but the software is lacking (and by that I mean the base image, not just the plugin(s).

Sorry I couldn't be of more help. Thought it might be better than nothing.

Check that forum. Maybe you'll get more info.

joe publik

Reaction score
Cheers Fella.

I wonder if it because the plugin was written for 1.07, I am running 1.08 (lucien)

http://procomweb.it/ronin/downfeedshunter.html

Would appreciate folks trying and seeing if the plug-in works on their systems :-)

Or is there another plug-in?

Or is there another way? I have the frequencies etc. Is it possible to modify a file to have these channels just keyed in and manual flick between them? I stick a load in the satellites.xml file and then scanned and found some, but the scanning phase only entered in the channels that were live at that time and in order to see if there are any feeds on at a particular time one has to re-scan the tracnsponders again ... Bit icky and time consuming. Does anyone know the best way to manually enter a frequency/pol/fec setting into a Services list? :-)

:-)

PS: I dunno why I keep on about feeds, I found a few and all I saw was some ugly women from Paris (like that narrows it down to about a million) and the back of some blokes head at the (yeh, very exciting) Wolves v XYZ game a week or so back ... Wheres the live feeds from something EXCITING!?? :-)