few questions about cards / programmers.

D4ftpunk

D4ftpunk

Regular Member
Messages
358
Likes
0
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7020
Dreambox DM500
Sky Thomsom Digibox
StrongSat FTA Reciever
80cm Dish + 45cm Dish via Disecq A/B.
My Location
England
#1
1. Are all card programmers / readers the same? i have a smartmouse style reader/programmer.

2. What cards are the best nowadays? goldcards ? opus cards?

3. what is Xin1 Freecam ?

4. What providers are on Seca and Viaaccess still ?

5. Are gold cards rewriteable?

6. If i was to program a goldcard and then try to cardshare it, would it work. So i could share say Sp*ce Platinum with a friend who doesnt have a card? Using my counterfiet card (i own the original obvoisly) ;)
 
rolfw

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Messages
37,726
Likes
1,291
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
#2
D4ftpunk said:
1. Are all card programmers / readers the same? i have a smartmouse style reader/programmer.
No, there are several different types, with different capabilities. www.duwgati.com for more info.

D4ftpunk said:
2. What cards are the best nowadays? goldcards ? opus cards?
Which card is most useful changes on a regular basis and also depends on what you are trying to decrypt. Goldcards are pretty much under powered now.

D4ftpunk said:
3. what is Xin1 Freecam ?
It is a modified Irdeto CAM and also pretty much redundant.

D4ftpunk said:
4. What providers are on S*ca and Viaaccess still ?
Many, but in different flavours, some available, some not.

D4ftpunk said:
5. Are gold cards rewriteable?
Yes, unless they have protection turned on.

D4ftpunk said:
6. If i was to program a goldcard and then try to cardshare it, would it work. So i could share say Sp*ce Platinum with a friend who doesnt have a card? Using my counterfiet card (i own the original obvoisly) ;)
I'm sure you could if you could get it to decrypt anything, but as they are only a couple of pounds each, couldn't see too much point.
 
D4ftpunk

D4ftpunk

Regular Member
Messages
358
Likes
0
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7020
Dreambox DM500
Sky Thomsom Digibox
StrongSat FTA Reciever
80cm Dish + 45cm Dish via Disecq A/B.
My Location
England
#3
So what programmer will i need to program a goldcard? will a smartmouse pro do it ?
 
Top