Fibo 55cm query

johnsattuk

Regular Member
Messages
433
Likes
2
My Satellite Setup
Topfield 5800 Echostar3000,DB7000, Relook 400S, Humax HDC2000, 55cm Fibo Gregorian dish with waveguide and Motek 2100 mod, 90cm Fibo Gregorian dish, 120cm Fibo Gregorian dish on a 1224 motor with waveguide
My Location
West Mids, UK
#1
Looking at Likvid's new 55cm dish pics, I thought the feed horn looked in a different position to mine. :confused

After some confering with him, it appears that there is a difference. :-doh!

It would be interesting to find out why there is a difference and when it occured. :D

If members with Fibo 55cm dishes could measure the centres of the fixing holes on the arm, dish to Feedhorn, and feedhorn to sub-reflector, and post here with perhaps serial no. or approx age of dish if poss. it might shed some light, or perhaps confusion. :-worship

My distances are 246mm and 134mm ser.no. 11934

Likvid's are 230mm and 150mm ser.no. 00004

:-thumb1

PS I wonder if there are similar changes on the other sizes. :confused
 

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Messages
21,601
Likes
3,273
My Satellite Setup
IDD CI24 ECONO MM Penta 1.20 Galaxy II
1.2Mtr Polar MTG yes it has been on the arc for 25 years and is now fixed on 13 East using two pairs of rusty molegrips. Unlike me they never groan but always perform.
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
#2
Its then Chinese again I'll bet, perhaps one of you has a reproduction model
 

johnsattuk

Regular Member
Messages
433
Likes
2
My Satellite Setup
Topfield 5800 Echostar3000,DB7000, Relook 400S, Humax HDC2000, 55cm Fibo Gregorian dish with waveguide and Motek 2100 mod, 90cm Fibo Gregorian dish, 120cm Fibo Gregorian dish on a 1224 motor with waveguide
My Location
West Mids, UK
#3
Topper said:
Its then Chinese again I'll bet, perhaps one of you has a reproduction model
I told Likvid that his must have been a prototype. :-rofl2
 

Likvid

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
Messages
1,752
Likes
5
My Location
Stockholm, Sweden
#4
johnsattuk said:
Looking at Likvid's new 55cm dish pics, I thought the feed horn looked in a different position to mine. :confused

After some confering with him, it appears that there is a difference. :-doh!

It would be interesting to find out why there is a difference and when it occured. :D

If members with Fibo 55cm dishes could measure the centres of the fixing holes on the arm, dish to Feedhorn, and feedhorn to sub-reflector, and post here with perhaps serial no. or approx age of dish if poss. it might shed some light, or perhaps confusion. :-worship

My distances are 246mm and 134mm ser.no. 11934

Likvid's are 230mm and 150mm ser.no. 00004

:-thumb1

PS I wonder if there are similar changes on the other sizes. :confused
I have asked my German friend about this and he will check his 55cm.
 

johnsattuk

Regular Member
Messages
433
Likes
2
My Satellite Setup
Topfield 5800 Echostar3000,DB7000, Relook 400S, Humax HDC2000, 55cm Fibo Gregorian dish with waveguide and Motek 2100 mod, 90cm Fibo Gregorian dish, 120cm Fibo Gregorian dish on a 1224 motor with waveguide
My Location
West Mids, UK
#6
Not got too many replies to my search for the truth yet then :-deadhorse
 

CROSSBONES

Specialist Contributor
Messages
2,000
Likes
188
My Satellite Setup
1.2m channel master on a jeager 1224 motor. 55cm fibo Gregorian. VU solo2.
My Location
S.Wales
#7
Not got too many replies to my search for the truth yet then
Probably not that many 55cm about mate;)
 

_stu_

Regular Member
Messages
225
Likes
0
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox DM7025 + 90cm Fibo Dish with Moteck SG2100A mod + Inverto White 0.3dB lnb + 55cm Philips Gregorian + Stab HH-120 + modded BGSat 0.3dB lnb
My Location
Worcs
#8
I'll check mine next time I'm up the ladder and let you know - I do know that mine has no label on the back so no serial no. or date of manufacture.
 

Likvid

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
Messages
1,752
Likes
5
My Location
Stockholm, Sweden
#9
_stu_ said:
I'll check mine next time I'm up the ladder and let you know - I do know that mine has no label on the back so no serial no. or date of manufacture.
It would be nice of you if you could measure it.;)
 

Likvid

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
Messages
1,752
Likes
5
My Location
Stockholm, Sweden
#10
Forgot my friend went on vacation to Mexico, have to wait til he gets back or maybe "stu" here can make some measurements for us?
 

_stu_

Regular Member
Messages
225
Likes
0
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox DM7025 + 90cm Fibo Dish with Moteck SG2100A mod + Inverto White 0.3dB lnb + 55cm Philips Gregorian + Stab HH-120 + modded BGSat 0.3dB lnb
My Location
Worcs
#11
Mine measures up as 230mm and 150mm like "Likvid"s ;)
 

johnsattuk

Regular Member
Messages
433
Likes
2
My Satellite Setup
Topfield 5800 Echostar3000,DB7000, Relook 400S, Humax HDC2000, 55cm Fibo Gregorian dish with waveguide and Motek 2100 mod, 90cm Fibo Gregorian dish, 120cm Fibo Gregorian dish on a 1224 motor with waveguide
My Location
West Mids, UK
#12
_stu_ said:
Mine measures up as 230mm and 150mm like "Likvid"s ;)
Thanks Stu, when I get mine mounted I will probably slot the mounting holes and have a play, I'm a bit puzzled as to why they changed it, have checked with Likvid and sub-reflector seems to be the same :confused
 
Top