finally it is upgraded

RFA

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
i dont know
My Location
saudi arabia
Thanks god
After alot of searching and reading in this great forum I could upgrade my receiver, it is digitall world (SFT-5010).
actually at the beginning I face a problem because my laptop has no serial port and I bought USB to serial converter, I worked all last night to know how to set my COMS port, finally it works.

but I still need ur support because I'm still in the beginning (no experience), after upgrading my receiver I set it factory sitting then I installed all hotbird channels TPS, Multivision and ABsat, unfortunately they are still not working. is there any keys or software need to be installed also in my receiver. please advice in detail.

thanks aolt for ur support

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
Unfortunately, although you can feel rightly proud of your efforts in reflashing your box, TPS, Multivision and ABsat are all unavailable right now unless you have an Auto Update patch or a K3 card.

The former solution also means having your receiver connected to the Internet 24/7 via your PC.

I haven't heard of such a patch for your receiver :(

fay16

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Startrack 2004 Super
Hello BeGonaSTICK,

Do you know if there is an auto update patch for a Startrack.
Because right now, I have to enter the AES keys with the remote control, which is not the easier solution when you have to change the keys every 10mn.

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
No AES AU patch for Startrack AFAIK :(

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news and all that...

fay16

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Startrack 2004 Super
thanks for the answer