paul_

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 1500ci+ Super
Gibertini 1m
Motek SG2100A
My Location
Hi,

I'm trying to pick up a feed on 16E but the picture is breaking up badly. I've tried to move the dish slightly via motor view control but I can't seem to get a stable picture.

I noticed that if I use DiseqC instead of USALS, there is a fine move fuction.
If I use this to move the dish will it affect my USALS settings?

Also, could it be possible that I might need to adjust elevation on dish?
I just set it to 22 degrees when I installed it.

Many thanks.

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
Hi paul_,
it would help if you provided your general location and which channel you're after. Some feeds on 16E are difficult to get and may require a 1M dish or bigger, depending on your location.
Best wishes
Mickha

phillpayne

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
humax 5400z patched to hot 11.1, v box mrk2, 1.1m triax dish, jeager 12" activator .6 lnb, modified pet123 settings
My Location
kent
hi paul,
as mickha has said a bit more info would help, but i am a bit puzzled about your initial setup, as on the reading of your post, it would seem as if you have not set up your mount and dish correctly.

if it had been setup correctly then there would not need to be any alteration to the dish between sats.
however to answer your question, point the dish at the sat, get the picture, then slightly stress the dish up then down, to see if the picture improves, then stress it sideways and again see if it improves, keep it in mind when i say stress it, i just mean gently.
regards
phil

paul_

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 1500ci+ Super
Gibertini 1m
Motek SG2100A
My Location
Thanks for the replies lads.

As far as I know, my dish is aligned correctly.
I usually get around 80% signal quality on most sats and don't need to alter it at all usually.

It's just the feeds on 16E that I struggle to pick up so I probably need a bigger dish as you say.
Here's the freq of a feed I tried to pick up earlier but the picture was breaking up.
16E,11142h,5632,3/4

My location is Dublin.

Thanks

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
You are right on the edge of the main footprint for 16E and the feeds are all low symbol rate, even over here in the South of England, I have found that on some 80cm Dishes, some of the 16E signals, even the DigitalB ones, do not come in well. Looks like a 90cm or 1m dish would solve the problem though. :)

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
Hi paul_,
that feed was fairly weak last night, as with most feeds, I watched the Wales game on 11153 V 5632, then switched to 11142 H 5632.
If possible I would go for the biggest dish you can get away with, if wall mounted have a look at the Triax 1.1M, if ground mounted you could try something slightly bigger, it all depends on your budget, motor, and circumstances, where your dish is mounted.
Hopefully someone from near to your location can post details of their set up and what size dish they have to get these feeds.
Best wishes
Mickha