Finland UK TV

dodzy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No Set up
My Location
Nordic
Hi,
I Live in South West Finland and am looking to get a satellite for watching UK TV mainly BBC 1,2 ITV and Channel 4, Can anyone advise first off if this is possible and if it is how i would go about doing this as i'm a total beginner in regards this.Any good tips would be greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance

Markjose

Young one with a hobby
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triax 110 ..... No fixed location
My Location
Monmouth
You might be able to receive Astra 2D which is ITV Channel 4 ……. With a 1.8m dish but it is not a definite; however people are saying that in Aarhus they are able to receive 2D with a 1.2m dish. Also a receiver that has the transponders listed for 2D.

Any more help just ask.

MarkJose

Thundery

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VU+ Duo, Orbital 80cm Dish, Technomate TM-2300 Motor.
My Location
Cheshire, UK
It may be possible, but looks unlikely from the Lyngsat Astra 2D map.

I expect though that some people in Finland with large dishes can pick up this feed.

Is this right fellow Finlanders?

Satellite Map:

_http://www.lyngsat-maps.com/maps/astra2d.html

Satellite Channels Requested:

_http://www.lyngsat.com/astra2d.html

Cupart

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Markjose said:
You might be able to receive Astra 2D which is ITV Channel 4 ……. With a 1.8m dish but it is not a definite; however people are saying that in Aarhus they are able to receive 2D with a 1.2m dish. Also a receiver that has the transponders listed for 2D.

Any more help just ask.

MarkJose

You are aware that Helsinki is more than 590 miles from Aarhus and much further north?

According to a Nordic reseller of sat dishes you would need at least a dish of 2.4 meters (h**p://www.skydigital.dk/product.asp?intProdID=42&intCatalogID=10&strCatalog_NAME=Footprint) in Finland and even that is not 100% guaranteed...

I would call a few sat installers (especially in Helsinki) and ask them if they have had any success in installing Astra 2D dishes and take it from there... I have seen some massive dishes (prime focus) around Espoo with quite low elevation which could be an indication of a possible Astra 2D reception...

Let's hear how you're getting on... :)

dodzy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No Set up
My Location
Nordic
Thanks for the replys everyone, i will investigate further and update at some point!

Raitsa

Reaction score
Website
www.huoltovalikko.com
My Satellite Setup
Sony Pearl + Stewart Firehawk 182cm, OpenElec + 3 * Intel NUC, Vu+ Solo2 & T90+8lnb, 28Tb Thecus N7510 NAS, Denon AVR 2310, AMX+ 3*Ipad, 3*KefQ1, 4*KefQ2DS, HSU VTF-3 MK3 turbo
My Location
Kirjala, Finland
Or check out the finnish sat site called Huoltovalikko for infos in finnish language about 28E reception in Finland.

_http://huoltovalikko.keskustelupalstat.com/

robw

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SKY HD Box
1.5m dish
My Location
Oulu, Finland
dodzy said:
Hi,
I Live in South West Finland and am looking to get a satellite for watching UK TV mainly BBC 1,2 ITV and Channel 4, Can anyone advise first off if this is possible and if it is how i would go about doing this as i'm a total beginner in regards this.Any good tips would be greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance

I am in Yli-Ii which is on the north west cost of Finland at least 650km north of Helsinki. I have a 1.5 m dish and Sky HD Box, I have ZERO (well maybe a little above zero), knowledge of satellites, but I manage to get most Sky TV channels. The only ones I can't get are BBC, some Sky "home & Garden" channels and Sky Sports 2 & 3, but I do get Sports HD 2 & 3.. So I don't miss anything.. I assume this means I can get the Astra North beam, but not the South or UK beams??

Anyway if I can get the channels this far north Helsinki should be easy!!

AlSouth

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
unknown
My Location
UK
Hi,

I wonder if you guys can help me. I may be moving to Helsinki and living in the Espoo area.

From what I have read it seems that it is possible to receive UK Sky TV in that area.

Although what is unclear is how I would go about organizing this for example, I have a sky box I use it in the UK currently. However...

-How do I get hold of a valid Sky card and subscription?

-I take it that I do not go through Sky directly?

Also I see that i may well need a larger dish,
-What sort of price range could I expect for this?

Hope you can help
A.