firefox 3.6.13 downloads not showing in the folder

wod

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m channel master, jaeger smr1224, Inverto black ultra twin, technomate tm-1500ci, broken receiver vantage x221ci, New additions Skybox F5s and technomate tm-5402 HD arriving soon.
My Location
yorkshire
i've been updating my sisters laptop as she doesn't have a clue about this stuff.

anyway she had a early version of firefox 3.0.6 something so I downloaded the latest version 3.6.13 and installed that.

this is where the issue starts when I click to download any files, it all is normal file says downloaded in the download manager.

when I go to the folder where downloads from firefox are stored its not there ?

the laptop is running windows vista with avira antivir free edition and no other security software just the windows stuff.

internet explorer does the same thing downloads the files but then they have disappeared from the folder.

google chrome is the only internet browser that will allow file downloads ?

any ideas because i've removed firefox, reinstalled, deleted profile and created new one but nothing seems to work. even resetting some things in the about:config.

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2.4Ghz C2D, 4GB Ram
My Location
London
Have you tried right clicking in the Firefox file manager (use Ctrl + J to bring it up) on a downloaded file and select "open contining folder" to see where the files are being sent to. You could also just change the download folder from the menu -Tools - Options - General, Downloads

wod

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m channel master, jaeger smr1224, Inverto black ultra twin, technomate tm-1500ci, broken receiver vantage x221ci, New additions Skybox F5s and technomate tm-5402 HD arriving soon.
My Location
yorkshire
i've tried changing the download folder but this didn't seem to help either but the strange thing is that google chrome which I tried worked without any issue.

there wasn't this problem until I updated to the newer firefox version.

I thought it could be a corrupt file and even once uninstalled it i deleted the firefox folder from program files to be sure which didn't seem to do anything either.

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2.4Ghz C2D, 4GB Ram
My Location
London
_http://kb.mozillazine.org/Unable_to_save_or_download_files" You could try following the advice in this Mozilla KB relating to Windows Security Zone policy (3/4 of the way down the page)[/URL]