Website
www.thecaretakers.net
My Satellite Setup
VU+ Ultimo, Duo2
85cm Fracarro Penta dish
Inverto BLACK Ultra QUAD
My Location
South East Coast, England
I have read on various forums posts asking what the LAN socket is for on the back of the TM6900HD Combo Super (if not for CS) and on the official firmware, how to update the firmware using 'System Settings/IP Settings/Firmware Update option.

Well, you need a special tool that has never been released by Technomate, but it has been released for the identical Clerk Tech 5000HD Combo Plus model. I tested it out today and updated the firmware sucessfully to my TM6900HD Combo Super (official firmware version 674p).

You require:
1. PC running Windows OS
2. Home network with router
3. STBDaemon tool running on PC

For ease of use, assign an IP address for the TM6900HD Super in your router and likewise, asign an IP address for your PC (Makes life much easier). You can use DHCP for your PC but you will need to look up what IP address the router has decided to assign your PC

How to:
1. connect your TM6900HD Super to your router with a cat5 LAN cable
2. Download, unzip and Start STBDaemon.exe on your PC

Note: Under vista make sure you select the compatability tab and tell Vista to run as administrator.
Note: If you get a warning about Windows Firewall has blocked this program, click the UNBLOCK button or turn the firewall off.

3. Browse to the folder where you will keep the latest firmware update (.stb file)
4. Click OK

5. Go to your TM6900HD Super and press the menu button and scroll down to 'System Settings'
6. In the right hand menu, go to IP Settings (If DHCP is set, all the boxes should have the correct numbers in it when connected)
7. Press the 'BLUE' button
8. You will be asked to enter the IP address of your PC
9. Press 'OK' Connect
10. If working correctly, you will see a list of the update files. Scroll to the file you want to update with and press OK
11. The TM6900HD Super will now load the update file and reboot when finished.

This might sound slightly complicated, but it isn't really. In fact, once set up, it is easier to upload new firmware than even USB. You don't even have to move away from your PC chair to do it.

This tool was originally made for the Clerk Tech HD5000 Combo Plus model (identical internally to the TM6900 Combo Super), but works just fine for the TM6900HD Combo Super and may well work for the TM6800 Super and other models with a LAN connection but I've not tested it with other models.

_http://rapidshare.com/files/224699409/STBDaemon102.zip

Hope you find it useful.

PS: You can only update the firmware over your network, you can't upload a channel list using this method.