First time install success

gromit4x4

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
HTPC: AMD Athlon 4200+ X2 | Twinhan sat CI DVB-S | Nebula DVB-T | iMON rsc | HD70 | Kenwood DVT7000 | Tannoy EFX5.1 |

Moteck SG2100A | ISS 80cm
My Location
South Coast
Hello to all,

I decided that this weekend being a long one that I would attempt to install my motor/dish setup, scince this is my first install I thought I would share the experience as It may help others.:)

I have an 80cm ISS dish and Moteck SG2100A, I obtained some 16" T&K brackets from Maplins and a straight piece of tube from a local steel merchant.

As I have a DVB-S pci card in my computer I am using progdvb and fastsatfinder.

I mounted the brackets and pole, went to Wickes and bought a post spirit level, it has magnets on it to hold it on the pole and it has three spirit bubbles, it made leveling up the pole a cynch.

I mounted the dish to the motor as per the Moteck manual, then put the whole lot on the pole and connected it all up, so far so good.

I checked multi map for my long and lat, then went to www.gaaps.com.tw put the settings in for my site location and Hotbird at 13 east, the site gave me the setting that I needed for my motor 15.6.

After driving my motor to the right angle it was just a matter of swinging east west untill I got the strongest signal before tightening the clamps, this was real easy because I had fastsatfinder telling me what the signal strength was through my wireless headphones whilst I was up the ladder.

Next I did a quick channel scan to see what I got everything was ok so I set up the positioner and sat/motor positions in prog dvb and installed DiseqcU.dll 1.2.5 and diseqc.dll 1.0.0.1 then restarted prog dvb.

With the diseqc plugin I could recalculate the sat positions from Hotbird and with the DiseqcU plugin I used the autodrive feature to move the dish on channel change, the results are fantastic, I can get everything between 45 east and 12.5 west, I cant get any more than that due to obstructions on the horizon but much better than expected for my first install.

I hope others are just as successfull with their install :D

Regards

Gromit
View attachment 5857

Sir Bronking

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
medion
pentium4 3.2ghz
progdvb
skystar2 rev2.3
1mtr dish & jaeger 99G 36v motor, with a superjack DP-6600. dvb-t aswell,in the process of setting up
My Location
cheshire,algeria
welldone m8:)
not everyone get's it set up right the first time, you must have done some reading up first.....but you don't say where?

ps shame you cannot go as far as 30w:(

Yeshi

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dm500, TM9100, Samsung V+, 1M Dish. Motect 2100..
37Inch Plasma, Wii, Xbox360.
My Location
Behind pin 9 on an atmel
Well done, i did mine first time.. was really easy.. done some though that have took 2 hours just to find thor only to find the dish was buckled lol.

I couldnt live without 30w i must admit.

Well done.. Another mature content enthusiast.

gromit4x4

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
HTPC: AMD Athlon 4200+ X2 | Twinhan sat CI DVB-S | Nebula DVB-T | iMON rsc | HD70 | Kenwood DVT7000 | Tannoy EFX5.1 |

My Location
South Coast
bronking,

you know where......HERE! anything anyone needs is right here in these forums, all ya got to do is look;)

Birdseye

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5500DACPI, Lemon 80cm Mesh, Moteck 2100SG Lemon 0.2LNB..
My Location
Berkshire
Hey Gromit
Great minds and all that.... I am attempting my install tomorrow after visiting Myers today to pick up a shorter T+K and a sat meter.

Anyway... the one thing I am struggling with is how to set the look up angle of the dish: and I think yours is the exact same dish, mine is a mesh 80cm branded with Lemon (looks like an iSS as well). The Moteck angle is easy, and the Moteck manual tells me that the 'dish should be set to an angle of 22 degrees'. The back of the dish mount has got angles on it marked from 30 to 90, which to me seems a bit crap, and makes it hard to guess what the dish should be set at. I don't want to introduce too many variables when setting it up, as setting it at 22 according to this scale looks just plain wrong! See the pic below. Any clues welcome or I guess it will be trial and error....:confused

cheers!

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Just set the dish face to vertical and then tilt it back by half a dozen degrees, that should put it in the ball park. :)

gromit4x4

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup

My Location
South Coast
I didn't worry about the dish elevation sacle as it didnt seem to tie up, if the scale did read 22 then the dish would be looking too high, I just used the sat finder for the best signal, see piccy.

Gromit.

View attachment 5909

drevil2nd

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
23 LCD SONY TV
10Mbit CABLE + TV
MCE2005 PC (Giving me grief)
XBOX 360 as extender
My Location
london
well if it makes you feel any better, i mounted my dish upside down after carefully setting the angle per the manual.

Took it up the ladder put it on the pole "Ang on a minute somethings not quite right" It was pointing down to the floor, not gonna pick much up like that. :-rofl2

Once the right way round though had all sats within an half an hour, whether its beginners luck or not who knows. (It did help i could lean out the window to swing the dish!)

But a big thanks to the guides on here.

fullybhoy

fullybhoy
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
technomate 1500ci patched reciever ,manhatton motor,1metre dish,
My Location
glasgow,scotland
hi guys i was wondering if anyone could help me out, i live in glasgow and have recently bought a motorised system. i have a technomate 1500ci super receiver and a 1 meter dish with a manhatten motor. my dad set it all up for me outside(dish lnb etc) but all i seem to be able to pick up is astra 19.2 and 28.2E and hispasat 30W . could anyone tell me how to set the motor and the dish etc and basically help me in picking up all of the other sattelites out there!! cheers!