first time user, motorised vs standard

super azzuri

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
hello all,

i'm looking into getting FTA satellite fitted and am after some advice on what is allowed and what is not.

the system i have in mind is as follows

motorised 80CM dish
HD Receiver

however i in future would like to add a second HD receiver so that my friend can watch another program while i bask in the glory of italian TV.

also anyone know what the best set up is for watching the footy, SERIE A or Premier League.

thanks..

PS forgot to ask what is best satellites to pick up heard that astra and hotbird are great.

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
Hi,
What do you mean by 'What is allowed"?

Up to a 1m dish is allowed under planning regulations. A true FTA satellite system is perfectly legal.

With a 1m motorised dish, you would be able to pick up most of the available satellites, so you don't have to choose which one right now. With an 80cm, you just lose 16E most probably.

Can't help with footie, I hate it, LOL.

Bear in mind though, that with a motorised dish the 2md recieiver would be stuck with the same satellite as the main one, unless you went for a hybrid motorised/ multi-LNB setup ( very unusual and possibly very confusing to use from 2 locations)

super azzuri

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
hi

sorry my choice of words is wrong, should read what is possible, not what is allowed.

it would be a sort of multi room motorised set up. the question is sort of is this possible or is this a set up that would be one step 2 far.

thanks

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
Multiroom motorised is perfectly possible but not the most suitable, as the dish can only be controlled by one receiver. Fixed dish multi-LNB/multi-dish is more suited to multi-room, but it depends on which satellites you go for then.

Two rooms is manageable with motorised, but any more that that, will get tedious, unless there's only one user.

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
Multi feed dish with twin or quad LNbs for the two receivers would be a good choice. As mentioned, would depend on satellites required.