Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM600PVR (Poorly)
TF6000 (Poorly)
SkyHD
My Location
Cheshire
What, even if it won't boot?

I have the image, the Dreamup, a null modem cable (somewhere or other).

And remember I have no possibility to monitor the thing while I am at work.

You reckon reflashing under these circumstances will work?

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
You said:

OK, I can take it to work. But then what?

Have no idea what you mean:

And remember I have no possibility to monitor the thing while I am at work.

How can you not see the Dreambox connected to the PC you're sat in front of?

rhubarbe

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM600PVR (Poorly)
TF6000 (Poorly)
SkyHD
My Location
Cheshire
OK, then, I'll go through what I think you mean.

Take to work, connect to power and to PC via null modem cable.

Open up Dreamup, follow instructions to flash with new image.

Find image.

Flash.

It's the reboot after flashing I have guidance with because the DM600 will not be connected to a TV I won't be able to see any onscreen instructions.

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
Well, do the flashing at work. it it tells you that the flash was successful you take it back home and try it out there. With a bit of luck....

rhubarbe

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM600PVR (Poorly)
TF6000 (Poorly)
SkyHD
My Location
Cheshire
OK, thanks very much. I'll do that, then. :)

BonceChops

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 500, Dreambox 600PVR, Dreambox 7025+, Dreambox 7000, 1m dish on a Moteck SG2100
My Location
NW England
T_G said:
Well, do the flashing at work. it it tells you that the flash was successful you take it back home and try it out there. With a bit of luck....

I flash mine by moving it to my PC. It is that small it is easier to move it than use a long null modem cable.

Like said you dont need to know what the TV screen says. After flashing you will know if it worked, power it up again and see if you get the green light come on after it was booted, might take a couple of minutes to boot.

rhubarbe

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM600PVR (Poorly)
TF6000 (Poorly)
SkyHD
My Location
Cheshire
Well, rather than spend three days looking for my null modem cable I ordered a new one. I'll do the reflash when it turns up... :)

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
rhubarbe said:
Well, rather than spend three days looking for my null modem cable I ordered a new one. I'll do the reflash when it turns up... :)

Sounds good. Let us know how you got on.:)

rhubarbe

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM600PVR (Poorly)
TF6000 (Poorly)
SkyHD
My Location
Cheshire

rhubarbe

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM600PVR (Poorly)
TF6000 (Poorly)
SkyHD
My Location
Cheshire
Took a long time but I finally did it. Used the null modem cable only because the IP range at work is different to that at home and it would have taken me as long to change the IP on the DM600 as it did to flash over null modem. In the end it took 25 minutes to re-flash the latest Gemini (4.4), so we'll see if it works when we get it home.

netzerand

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dreambox,technomate motorised dish
My Location
s.wales
dm600 does take about 25-30min with null cable, also try different versions of dream up i found latest version would'nt work. you might find some images not stable, i prefer older versions (tried and tested)

rhubarbe

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM600PVR (Poorly)
TF6000 (Poorly)
SkyHD
My Location
Cheshire
I was using 1.3...

PCD

DB Magician
Reaction score
A simple way to install a new image (or a number of images) is to use multiboot with the Barry Allen plugin. I have posted a how-to here :-

h**p://www.satellites.co.uk/satellite/dreambox-general/128733-how-barry-allen-dm600pvr-5-minutes.html

Regards, pcd.

mbmalik

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dm 600 s subscription
My Location
Dublin Ireland
Samsnake said:
Hi, just got new DM600 and I also have laptop. I couldnt get dreamup to work so I reflashed by following these instructions I found on the web....added a few notes myself to help.

Flashing a DM600 - Thanks to Macker

Slightly different to other dreamboxes. You can either use the Dreamup software (takes ages) or use the method below instead.

Basically, with DM600 connected to network (no null modem required), you can reflash image, to start first download and install Dreambox Control Centre to PC and have your new image ready and unzipped...

1. Boot your DM600, goto the communication menu and note the ip address.
***note: this is the original IP of the box....192.168.0.5 or similar***

2. Run DCC, connect to the dreambox. Once the network is connected ok, click on the the 'Telnet' option.

3. In the telnet window, type the following, pressing <return> at the end of each line.

mount /boot -o remount,rw
rm /boot/*
reboot

4. You should now get a message saying that the Dreambox is rebooting.

5. Wait a few seconds and then run Explorer (Firefox or whatever) and enter the ip address of the Dreambox in the address bar.

6. On the screen that appears, choose the 'Upgrade firmware' option, find the .nfi file and click the 'Flash' button.

7. Once the progress bar reaches 100%, reboot the box

Note: The IP address is critical. I changed my box IP to my own networks, noted it and then attempted to follow this install.....did'nt work!!!!.....luckily I remembered earlier IP number before I edited it...then worked ok?

I hope this helps

HI Samsnake u r great man I was trying to configure my dm600s from last 2 days i tried so many things as i totally don't know any thing about satellites and digiboxes at last when i read ur these 7 steps I fixed my new dm600s with in 10 min now I am getting all cahneels thanks very good and easy steps do u know how to get full epg for dm 600s once again thanks
mbmalik

shumifan50

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2xDM7025(DVB-S tuner), DM600SPVR, DM800S, DM500S HD, Triax 90cm with MultiBracket 4 sats.
My Location
Europe
The best EPG for DM600 is the one provided by Rytec (OpenXML). It works for Sly UK and several other locations. The nicest image for getting a good EPG on the 600 is the OpenPli image where the Rytec EPG is a downloadable plugin in the plugins menu. The Pli image also supports the ability to rewind live TV (like the Sly box) if you enable it. See the thread "OpenPli nice image" for more details.