damomac

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800 HD
Sky Dish
Single LNB
My Location
NE, Ireland
I've recently encountered a new problem with Flashwizard Pro 6.3. (Damn I wish I had left the bloody alone ! :-doh! )
I've managed to install the latest Boxman image (b1_10.boxman-11072006.img) into the onboard flash memory.
I then try to install an iamge into Multi-boot on the USB stick. The image copies over fine, but then on the "Image setup and init" process, stops at 90% and displays the error "451 Failure writing to local file".
I've read a few posts and saw that somebody recommended a Flash Erase. I did this by holding the Up button when the unit was powered on. The problem remains.
When I restart Flash Wizard Pro, the image appears on the USB stick with doesn't actually work. I've tried copying over a different image and it tells me that there's "no free space available to install a new image in multiboot".
Is there a temp folder that should be cleared out ?

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
damomac said:
I've recently encountered a new problem with Flashwizard Pro 6.3. (Damn I wish I had left the bloody alone ! :-doh! )
I've managed to install the latest Boxman image (b1_10.boxman-11072006.img) into the onboard flash memory.
I then try to install an iamge into Multi-boot on the USB stick. The image copies over fine, but then on the "Image setup and init" process, stops at 90% and displays the error "451 Failure writing to local file".
I've read a few posts and saw that somebody recommended a Flash Erase. I did this by holding the Up button when the unit was powered on. The problem remains.
When I restart Flash Wizard Pro, the image appears on the USB stick with doesn't actually work. I've tried copying over a different image and it tells me that there's "no free space available to install a new image in multiboot".
Is there a temp folder that should be cleared out ?

How many images have you got on your stick and what size is it?.
Maybe a re format of your usb stick in flash wizzard and then re install your image again to see if it works out. I would`nt have done a flash erase. You might want to re install everything again so. But try the reformat 1st.

damomac

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800 HD
Sky Dish
Single LNB
My Location
NE, Ireland
Hi John,
Thanks for the tip.
It's a 128MB stick and I have formatted it a number of times so the there's plenty of space there.
I have a 250GB hard disk in the Dreambox and also tried setting the Multi-boot on it. Same problem. The image copies over fine, gets past the installing bit and then grinds to a halt during the "image setup and init".
Over the years with plenty of messing around, it is possible that a complete format of the Dreambox might be called for. I've seen on some forums a mention of a firmware called erase.img. Is it worth trying ?

costasd3

Dreambox Emu Tamer
Reaction score
damomac said:
Hi John,
I've seen on some forums a mention of a firmware called erase.img. Is it worth trying ?

The erase image is an image that writes 0s to flash so that everything gets erased. You don't have anything to loose but i think it is better to use dreamup for that image.

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
Sorry Damomac for not getting back, but do as costasd3 said as some images need to be done by dreamup now.

easysat

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000S + motorised 80cm dish, Amstrad DRX550 Digibox + fixed dish
My Location
pj::
I've had similar trouble in the past installing Gemini images on to a USB flash memory using FlashWizardPro. It downloads the file OK but gives the errror message when it tries to install.

Usually I keep the latest Dream Multimedia image on the DB's flash. Now what I do now is install the latest Gemini image on top of the official image in the DB flash. Then I can install the new Gemini image on to the USB flash without get the error. Then I reinstall the official image back in the DB memory. You also have to use the save settings option in FlashWizardPro abefore starting and then recopy the saved settings back into the Dreambox as you install the images.

damomac

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800 HD
Sky Dish
Single LNB
My Location
NE, Ireland
Thanks for the feedback guys. I managed to get the box up and running again by installing the pli flubber image into flash. All is ok now but I would prefer as is recommended to keep official images in flash and newer ones on USB.

damomac

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800 HD
Sky Dish
Single LNB
My Location
NE, Ireland
Well I finally sorted it. I found an older copy of Flashwizard Pro 5.2 and this works straight off immediately after version 6.3 fails. Must be some incompatibility with my config.