Flat Plate antenne

G

garrick

My Satellite Setup
JVC 32 lcd freeview tv
TOSIBIA HDD/dvd freeview recoder combi .
FTA 28e & 13e satellete system
My Location
Blackpool, Lancashire, England
Can anyone give any advice on whether Flat Plate dishs are any good in being mounted on a motor and if so which satellites could be picked up.o-O . Because i live on the Fylde coast at Blackpool i am looking for a dish system that can withstand the winds and storms that happen round here.

GARRICK

rolfw

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Yes, the flat antenna can be used, but you do of course need one with a universal LNB, some of them are only enhanced single band units.

Biggest problem you will have is that they are no very big and will severely limit your available channels.

G

garrick

My Satellite Setup
JVC 32 lcd freeview tv
My Location
rolfw said:
Yes, the flat antenna can be used, but you do of course need one with a universal LNB, some of them are only enhanced single band units.

Biggest problem you will have is that they are no very big and will severely limit your available channels.
Besides astra 2 and eurobird, could it pick up Astra 1, Eutelsat W2, Hotbird, Eutelsat W1, Eutelsat W3, Sirius and Thor:p or is this asking to much.I accept all comments.

rolfw

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I believe that in the NW, you would struggle on some of those, particularly as the flat antenna is normally only 60cm or so.

G

garrick

My Satellite Setup
JVC 32 lcd freeview tv
My Location
rolfw said:
I believe that in the NW, you would struggle on some of those, particularly as the flat antenna is normally only 60cm or so.
Thanks for the advice Rolfw i might think about a different dish system:cool: .

A

apogee2010

You might look at the "Arcon Sweety". The 57cm version is equivalent to an 80cm standard dish.

PaulR

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
apogee2010 said:
You might look at the "Arcon Sweety". The 57cm version is equivalent to an 80cm standard dish.
The manufacturers might claim this but a review that I've read somewhere reckons that it isn't as good as an 80cm, more like a 70cm.

PaulR