Football Channels

twag42

Reaction score
My Location
Amsterdam,Holland
art sport WILL be carrying english football next season 152 quid for a 12 month subscription.another option would be the blind scan feature that some of the receivers have,and hopefully pick up some of the feeds :-)

TWAG

Dreamlife

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m Dish Motorised, Technomate 5500CI Super, Dragon, Conax, DigitAlb, and ART.
My Location
Midlands
Where do you get the 12 month cards from?

chy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
not bought one yet
My Location
Scotland
Rob said:
We need to know what type of receiver you will be using, ie if you are getting a FTA receiver there is no-where to put your card in.
And even if you get a card it will only show certain games, you cannot pick the one you want.
Have you bought your receiver yet, because if you haven't do yourself a favour and get a Technomate TM-1500 CI, or TM1000D.
Rob,
I see you got a technomate motorised system with a 70 cm dish. How many different satellites can you reach ? I'm thinking of getting that technomate motorised system on ebay for £200 but not sure what satellites I can get with a 80-85cm ? I am looking for at least hotbird and telstar, seca 19.2 E, anything else is a bonus. Btw, I live in Scotland, near glasgow. Thanks

Alonso14

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Thinking of getting Technomate 1500CI+, 80cm dish
My Location
Lancashire, UK
Hi, Im new to the forums. I want a setup to watch more english premier league football this season. Im thinking of getting a Technomate 1500CI+ receiver with an 80cm dish. I currently have a S*y digital system, and would like to keep this initially, so Im asking whether it is possible to have a single dish (the 80cm dish replacing my current minidish) with 2 lnbs, one pointing at Astra 28.2e, and the other at Hotbird 13e? Do I need any of the LNB switches for this (which would cause a problem since as far as I know, the S*y digibox doesnt support DISEqC), or is it just 2 lnb's that I require, and a cable running from each lnb to the two receivers? Also, does anyone know where to get a "holder" for the lnb's from, since the only lnb "blocks" I can find are those whose lnbs are only 6 degrees apart, whereas the lnbs need to be 15.2 degrees apart? Thanks in advance for any help you can give me

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
Hello Alonso14 and welcome.

Sticking to 13E may be a nuisance if a prem game was on a satellite other than 13E. You say you want to keep Sky initially so does that mean you want rid of it at some stage. Premier football on 13E etc. could be 'here today and gone tomorrow' so worth bearing in mind. Could you motorise the 80cm dish and retain the mindish for sky for a while?

Alonso14

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Lancashire, UK
Thanks for the reply. I don't have a clue how to install the satellite and have never done this sort of thing before, so I'm just wary of the costs involved in setting up a motorised dish, i.e. engineer quoted me £60 to install a 2 lnb fixed system, but read somewhere that a motorised system takes a lot longer to set up. I take it that with a motorised system, you need just one lnb and somehow you input the position of the satellite you want, and then the lnb locks onto it - obviously more desirable like you say, it would then be possible to lock onto eutelsat w2 16e for digitalb etc., as well as hotbird. I've seen motorised packages with the TM 1500CI+ and 80cm dish for around the £240 mark, so my problem is finding an engineer in the north west who will install it at a reasonable price. One engineer I spoke to today told me that I couldnt have 2 fixed lnbs on one dish pointing at differnt satellites, so it doesnt bode well...

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
I would say you'd be going along the right lines with the TM1500ci and 80cm dish. There must be some members who can recommend installers in your area. This company has been around quite a time and I did purchase from them once. Maybe worth talking to. http://www.dcsat.co.uk/ They are in Stockport.

Alonso14

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Lancashire, UK
jimbo said:
I would say you'd be going along the right lines with the TM1500ci and 80cm dish. There must be some members who can recommend installers in your area. This company has been around quite a time and I did purchase from them once. Maybe worth talking to. http://www.dcsat.co.uk/ They are in Stockport.

Cheers for the reply again. I'm thinking of getting this: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Technomate-1500CI-With-Fully-Motorised-kit-Patched_W0QQitemZ5798931661QQcategoryZ96970QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Seems that it has everything I need. Got a quote from an engineer of £100 to install, which seems fairly reasonable. Think Ill go with the Digitalb card for the football. One more thing- is there any way of using my digibox with this setup as well by use of a switch eg. align the dish using the technomate to 28.2deg east, and then sort of turn the digibox on?

Thanks

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TMS-1500 CI+ "patched" receiver, 90cm p/f 36v motorised dish, Inverto C120 0.3db LNB, Moteck V-Box 2, Packard Bell 6052 XP Home computer, Toshiba A60 laptop, and lots of Russian Vodka !
My Location
Essex
chy said:
Rob,
I see you got a technomate motorised system with a 70 cm dish. How many different satellites can you reach ? I'm thinking of getting that technomate motorised system on ebay for £200 but not sure what satellites I can get with a 80-85cm ? I am looking for at least hotbird and telstar, S*ca 19.2 E, anything else is a bonus. Btw, I live in Scotland, near glasgow. Thanks

Sorry I took so long but I have only just seen your post.

Right first one I can reach nearly all the sats with my 70cm, but as they say bigger is better. While I might be able to receive from a sat, I might not be able to receive all the channels on offer.

With a 85cm dish you should be fine, and with the Technomate 1500ci+ receiver, motor, dish, lnb, etc you've got a bargin.

Just one thing bothers me is the size of the dish, may be some of our Scottish members would like to comment on it !

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Greater London
Alonso14 said:
One more thing- is there any way of using my digibox with this setup as well by use of a switch eg. align the dish using the technomate to 28.2deg east, and then sort of turn the digibox on?

Thanks
Yes that can be done via an automatic global master/slave switch. Remember though, doing it this way, you can only have one of the boxes on at any one time. So when you want to watch Sky then the Technomate cannot be used. Similarly if you're viewing the Technomate, the sky box cannot be used even if you're using the Technomate to look at stuff on 28.2.

Of course there may be a configuration of more than one LNB which will allow you to have both boxes working on 28.2 but my guess is wouldn't be worth it for that one satellite.

Digitalalb seems ok for football ATM and you will of course be able to patch the built-in cam to pick up TPS (for now anyway).

Alonso14

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Lancashire, UK
Hi, thanks yet again for the info. Ive looked around for the switches you mention. There are two types that I think might work. There's this manual A/B switch: 38013 A/B manual switch

Suitable for LNBs, Receivers and RF switching

Use it for 2 into 1 or 1 into 2 switching (bidirectional)

(link here)

or this smart priority switch:

SPS1 Smart Priority LNB Switch

Switch one LNB between two receivers automatically.

This switch looks for the LNB voltage to decide which receiver is active. It can only be used if one of your receivers turns its LNB voltage off in standby. That receiver must be connected as "master" and the other as "slave". No Sky Digibox can be used as "master" because they keep their LNB voltage on all the time. You can, however, use the Digibox TV scart socket to tell the SPS1 which receiver is "active", if that socket is not being used. For this application, Scart control must be "on".

(link here)

I think the second is what you were describing to me, where I would connect the Technomate as master, and digibox as slave, however, do you think that the simple manual switch would also do the trick?

(Sorry for all the questions)

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Greater London
I've used the second option and found it to work fine. I'm not a lover of manual switching so I'd have to say the 2nd one.

blackzy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My computer is on a network connection
My Location
Nigeria
Pls can somebody help and guide me on how to install Tv channels to my Skysat receiver

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Greater London
:-hijack Please don't do this.