Football

gjmcwil

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just signed up to the site today and I know little if not nothing about Satellites.

The main reason for me posting is that I was in a pub yesterday (Scotland) and it was showing the Man Utd v Spurs game via Arabic TV - through Sky Digital.

The pub def has Sky Digital so I presume they manually tuned the channel in.

Question is, does anyone know the name of this channel and in addition can I do this to my home system? and are there any more channels that show football live on Saturdays?.....I have watched games in England 3pm on a Staurday via Norwegian TV.

Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
gjmcwil said:
Hi all,

Just signed up to the site today and I know little if not nothing about Satellites.

The main reason for me posting is that I was in a pub yesterday (Scotland) and it was showing the Man Utd v Spurs game via Arabic TV - through Sky Digital.

The pub def has Sky Digital so I presume they manually tuned the channel in.

Question is, does anyone know the name of this channel and in addition can I do this to my home system? and are there any more channels that show football live on Saturdays?.....I have watched games in England 3pm on a Staurday via Norwegian TV.

Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated.

It certainly wasnt being transmitted through a normal Sky sytem - chances are the game was being shown on ART Sports transmitted off the Hotbird satellites. This is a pay tv service, and you would require additional equipment. Search the forums for ART Sports -there should be a lot of info about it.

So no, you cant add this channel to your Digibox.

Zorba

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
3m(28.2E),1.5m(19.2E.13E,10E),1m (4W ,7W)1m (?).diseqc 10,sky plus,VU+,telergy iptv.
Satlook nit colour + Horizon hdsm.
My Location
Limassol, Sunny Cyprus
Analoguesat said:
It certainly wasnt being transmitted through a normal Sky sytem - chances are the game was being shown on ART Sports transmitted off the Hotbird satellites. This is a pay tv service, and you would require additional equipment. Search the forums for ART Sports -there should be a lot of info about it.

So no, you cant add this channel to your Digibox.
You can add other channels to your digibox if they have a symbol rate of 22000 or 27500.so you could have a dish pointed to nilesat and tune to jssc2 which shows english football sometimes :)