Footprints...offset dish/prime focus dish?

D

dockerslund

When you look on footprint maps, they tell you that you for example need a 1,2 meter dish to watch something.
When they write 1,2 meter, do they then mean 1,2 meter PRIME FOCUS dish or a 1,2 meter OFFSET dish?
Is an offset dish better than a prime focus one?

rolfw

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Not enough difference to worry about. There can be more difference between different makes and types of construction of dishes.

Rolf

rolfw

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Yes, you probably wont get better at the price. :)

Rolf

D

dockerslund

Thanx!
Will get all the stuff (dish + receiver etc.) tomorrow.
Hopefully it works!!!

Channel Hopper

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK South
Well youve had a day to buy and fit it

Hows it running ?

D

dockerslund

It works!!!
But we (me and my Dad) had a lot of trouble with it.
First of all...the wall we had to attach the T&K onto, is facing East. And the T&K is only 18". So it wasn't possible to turn the dish all the way, so it pointed south. Fortunately my Dad is a welter, and we went down to a garage. Cutted each of the T&K's into 2 pieces. Extended them with some metal, welted it, so the T&K now is 29".
And it works perfect, although the weather hasn't been bad yet, so I don't know what it will turn out like, when it rains.
But apparently the receiver was supposed to get every transponder from the satellites, but that doesn't work.
I had to input several transponders...but what the h*ll. It still works :-ohmy)
So yes, I'm very happy these days.