Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
How many of you are using Echostar 3000's??
Ive got a AD-30000 IP Viaccess model, which is nice bit of kit..

Thought it might be an idea to start a thread for us to swap tips and info on how to get the most out of these receivers.

Before anyone asks, there no "patch software" available as far as we are aware> official software can be downloaded over the air from Hotbird, or via computer file transfer by using the software on the Echostar website.

Milkybarkid

Reaction score
I have AD3000IP. It's not a via and it's the dark colour.I think you call it anthracite. It's handy having both analogue and digital on one receiver and is supposed to be good for SsssseeeeecaM.
Getting a little dated but it's solid.
Not as plasticky as my Technomate.
Cor swears by them.
Often good to use a fan with it as it can get a little warm with two CAMS in the slots.

http://img187.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img187&image=Ech1.jpg

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Mines the dark one too - although it seems to be a bit of a hybrid. Its got the styling of the 3600, and the innards of the 3000! The attachment shows the front panel arrangement of mine.

Setting the disecq switching up the first time was an interesting experience. Many swear words said until I realised I needed to change the settings in two menus!

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
The analogue side works perfectly with the French Secam signals on 5W. I get perfect colour reception even down the aerial connection! :)

Milkybarkid

Reaction score
Once thing I'd like to know is when you use the remote to input keys on your CAM if you make a mistake how do you go back one step only.
I sometimes tap in a wrong number and then I have to press the white button on the remote to get out.I'm then back to the main CAM menu so I have to press for debug,then find the provider,then the key line,then input the numbers again.
It's a little time consuming.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
I havent even got that far! Could you write down the steps required?

Milkybarkid

Reaction score
Well I put my CAM in the receiver.Goto to Menu,Pred 3.04,Debug,Irdeto,Can+NL,Key0X00,Key00, then start tapping in numbers.Sometimes I make a mistake when tapping in the numbers, so I want to go back one step so I can correct my mistake.

So what button on the remote takes me back one step ?

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Hmm interesting, I dont seem to have a "debug" option available.

Menu 8 takes me to conditional access with 3 options. Going to an active one (viacces embedded) & clicking on ok brings up

service list
change maturity rating
change pin
pay per view
and nothing else??

Milkybarkid

Reaction score
When I press 8 on the menu it says Common Interface and Module not installed. Then when I push in the CAM it tells me Pred 3.04.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Thats right. Ive got a seca cam in the first slot, but on either card I dont have a debug option...

Im going to bed with a glass of something strong! Will have to have another look tomorow....

les74

Reaction score
I,m not sure about that one myself, thinking about it Ive done the same myself (put wrong key in) and the only way as I can remember is to press o.k.and do it again correctly,perhaps someone will no of another way to go back one step that is..

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
Analoguesat said:
How many of you are using Echostar 3000's??
Ive got a AD-30000 IP Viaccess model, which is nice bit of kit..

Thought it might be an idea to start a thread for us to swap tips and info on how to get the most out of these receivers.

Before anyone asks, there no "patch software" available as far as we are aware> official software can be downloaded over the air from Hotbird, or via computer file transfer by using the software on the Echostar website.
Hi AS
Yes, I've had a 3000ip for years, it's used daily. It's had the full gamut of Cams poked into it without too many problems. Cards from circuit boards with pics and eeproms sticking out the front through to Matrix et al.

A small fan keeps the heat out nicely, but I had an SMPS failure a while ago - there's a known hot spot ahead of the transformer that supplies the DC voltages. A WW resistor gets rather warm and burns the board. I put an uprated wattage replacement here, and changed the electrolytic capacitor adjacent to it (they dry out due to the heat).

Also, I inadvertantly short circuited the LNB supply once when connecting the coax (tut, tut, should have turned it off), so I had to replace a voltage regulator.

All in all, a great receiver and as you say, would be interested in other owners' opinions.

Llew

JohnC

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Pioneer PDP- LX5090 50"TV
2x Samsung 50" TV
Sony RDRHXD870 DVD/HDD Recorder
Sony RDRHDX950 DVD/HDD Recorder
Humax Foxsat HD
Technomate TM-5402HD piggy-backed to a
Technomate 5500 CI Dap receiver.
Technomate TM5400C-usb connected also to 1.2 metre mo
My Location
Multi-sat enthusiast in the Heart of England since 1993....
Milkybarkid said:
I have AD3000IP. It's not a via and it's the dark colour.I think you call it anthracite. It's handy having both analogue and digital on one receiver and is supposed to be good for SsssseeeeecaM.
Getting a little dated but it's solid.
Not as plasticky as my Technomate.
Cor swears by them.
Often good to use a fan with it as it can get a little warm with two CAMS in the slots.

Milkybarkid
Could you tell me what the picture quality is like on the AD3000 compared to your Technomate???
Regards john

Milkybarkid

Reaction score
I plugged my Technomate (1500+) into one dish (13E) and put on CNBC. I plugged the Echo into another dish (30W) and tuned in CNBC. I personally can't see any difference in the picture.
Plugged into a 24" Thomson widescreen.

The difficulty of course is that it's subjective. We all see differently.
Same with hearing.
I can tune up my guitar and it sounds perfectly in tune. I hand it to a mate who also plays and he alters a couple of strings slightly 'cos he hears it different from me.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Summat weird going on here.

Seca card in the aston 1.05 cam.

Menu 8 takes me to the Conditional Access menu.
CI
Slot 1 module not installed
Slot 2 Aston

Higfhlight Aston & press ok amd I get the Astoncrypt v1.05 screen. This has welcome below it, then

Consultation
Information
Parameters

Pressing ok on any of these dumps me back out at the CI menu ??

I must be overlooking something somewhere. (Software revision in the rx is 800).

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Hmm I think I may need to invest in some more uptodt hardware. Have to save my pennies for a draggie cam. Is 84 quid a decent price for a uk supplier?

Milkybarkid

Reaction score
I got mine a year ago.I think I was about £100 for Cam and loader card.
I also had to get a suitable programmer as well ( got Phoenix Infinity) as my loader card needs to be progged in Phoenix mode.
Of course now they are using Funcard 7 for loader cards.

I feel I got my money's worth with the Dragon.

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
Analoguesat said:
Hmm I think I may need to invest in some more uptodt hardware. Have to save my pennies for a draggie cam. Is 84 quid a decent price for a uk supplier?
Yes for that money you should get version 3.02 cam plus loader card (fun 7 possibly) and a 12 month sub to Free X TV.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
jimbo said:
Yes for that money you should get version 3.02 cam plus loader card (fun 7 possibly) and a 12 month sub to Free X TV.

Yes I think thats the spec of the one Ive seen advertised. Certainly 3.02, and a sub anyway.