Ford in trouble

w hole

Reaction score
My Location
uk
Hello All

I have just been reading this article:

http://www.nytimes.com/2002/10/10/business/10PLAC.html?todaysheadlines

Seems to me that the problem goes back a bit further than this.

When a company becomes arrogant in its position as market leader, it has failed in its committment to its customers.

I first noticed this a few years ago, and the situation has been compounded by that same arrogance over release of models. Just think about the replacement for the Granny.

Its not that they don't try to understand.

In fact, fortunatley for me, they spend millions on reseach, but they don't seem to want to hear the answers that they don't want to hear.

Sadly this seems to be at the root of a lot of the problems in the USA at the moment, and of course this affects us all.

Regards

W.Hole

w hole

Reaction score
My Location
uk
Hello All

Since my first post I have just come across this :

"Jack Nasser is to be a non-executive director of BSkyB. The former Chief Executive of Ford is to be one of three new independent non-execs aimed at strengthening the Corporate Governance of the company.

He is expected to be joined on the board by Gail Rebuck, Chairman of Random House UK and a third, still to be nominated.

The first two appointments are expected to be confirmed at Sky's AGM on 8 November, when the five existing non-execs also come up for re-election. It will mean that the 'independents' outnumber the five News Corp nominees."

I don't think there is much to add. Time will tell - I will still be poor whatever the outcome, but watch this space..

Regards

W. Hole