1 meter dish
60 cm dish-sky
applo analouge reciver
grundig digital reciver
thinking of buying technomate 5000ci or
manathan plaza 300-ir
My Location
cork county ireland
Sauber are no more as bmw are going to buy the team out sooner or later(tuesday this week). Minardi is celebrating there twenty-fifth birthday this weekend---happy birthday.Did any body see todays race wow what a race.Formula one is comeing back to the high levels of excitment as it was like in the eightys. Vive le formula 1

Schnabeltier

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM500S Gemini 1.05 Newcamd 6.0
Echostar AD2000ip
Stab HH120
Gibertini 85cm dish
Gold 0.3dB LNB
802.11g Wifi router
Dell D600
If I happen to catch F1 I watch the start and perhaps the first 2-3 laps. After that I switch on the radio later to find out who won. I am not a biker, but watching Rossi and co. is real racing. The 80s was great for F1, but now I'm with rolfw on this one - time to get out the Bagpuss videos.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
I can remember the days of 39 cars trying to get onto the grid, with pre-qualifying ( a qualifying session for the qualifying!!!)

Great days with a succession of small teams trying to steal the limelight from the big boys. Some of the teams were dismal failures (Andrea Moda springs to mind - thrown out of the 1992 championship for bringing the sport into disrepute :D ! Also Eurobrunn who failed to qualify fore a whole year......)

Some just had awfully bad luck (Simtek)

http://f1rejects.com/ has all the info on the worst teams and drivers ever..

Artist 2004

Anatolia correspondent
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
GoldMaster 7400 CIM 2MB with Kaon board 12.03.a5. Technomate 1000, Technomate 5200 USB.
Two 80cm offset dishes.
My Location
West coast, Turkey
Huh! You call the 80's good? You can't beat the good old days when men were men, when trees lined the circuit, when the drivers wore T-shirts and no seat belts, when crashes sent bits of car twirling over our heads.... in 1958 the drivers used to sit around on their cars and the public could go up to them for autographs. I collected Stirling Moss', Jack Brabham's, Phil Hill's, Von Trips, among others. AND.. they used to OVERTAKE eachother! Now where did I leave my pension book......
;)

rhubarbe

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM600PVR (Poorly)
TF6000 (Poorly)
SkyHD
My Location
Cheshire
You missed out poll category: "I only watch it for the adverts".

Heard Schwarzenegger being interviewed after a race a couple of years ago. He said, "The guy who was supposed to win, didn't win."

That about summed it up for me.

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
One thing that has always amazed me is that you can bet on F1 racing - where the result is often 'fixed' by the team/s.

I remember Coulthard and Hakkinen agreeing that whoever reached the first corner ahead would be allowed to win (Australia I think). Coulthard was winning until the end then let Hakkinen past to steal the victory. Now if I had money on Coulthard I would not be amused.

What other sport where they knowingly determine the result can you 'legally' gamble on?

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
Analoguesat said:
Bye bye Minardi

:-crying

Last of the private run teams to go - sad really!

greg-h

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 meter dish
60 cm dish-sky
applo analouge reciver
grundig digital reciver
manathan plaza 300-ir
My Location
cork county ireland
Yes a sad day for formula one. But it will be good for the sport there now is 2 seats in f1 for the tallanted f1 drivers that are out there with no funds the justin willsons of the world

minardi we loved you for twenty year's you made us laugh and cry so lets rember minardi and the years of fun they gave us.

to minardi gone but not forgotten.

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Scotland
"Renault's Fernando Alonso became the youngest ever Formula One champion with a third-place finish behind Juan Pablo Montoya in the Brazilian Grand Prix."

Well done Fernando

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Scotland
The seemingly infinite row over the future of Formula One might finally have turned a corner.

In a bid to at least clean up a messy commercial ownership structure, Germany's Bayerische Landesbank has bought out fellow 'SLEC' (Speed Investments) shareholders Lehman Brothers and JP Morgan Chase.

The deal means that F1 is now solely owned by 'Bayern' (75 per cent) and F1 supremo Bernie Ecclestone (25 per cent), clearing the path for a tidier purchase by a third party.

Ecclestone, 74, earlier this year lost a court battle with the banks over disputed control of F1's commercial rights.

Ever since, there have been reports that the banks are negotiating the sale of their majority stake - with parties like the F1 teams, GPMA, Bernie, and private consortiums like Tom Group and BSkyB.

Source: Home of Sport

greg-h

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 meter dish
60 cm dish-sky
applo analouge reciver
grundig digital reciver
manathan plaza 300-ir
My Location
cork county ireland
This weekend is history,

This week-end marks the end of all privaterers in the sport. Tomorrow after the race we will never see a sabauer,jordan and minardi race again. I think one and all will agree this is bad for our sport.So when you look at the race tomorrow (if your a real fan you will get up early) rember to look at the backmarkers and say to your self good-buy and fairwell to the cars that have given us enjoyment of this sport for so long.

misterminibus

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Kodi
My Location
Lancashire
I am surprised to see so mant ppl voted for maclaren after dumping F 1' my nice guy DC he will do well next year with a brand new car and the same v8 engine as scumi snr.
Hope it gives him wings.....

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Poll closed as being 6 years out of date is sufficient to render it a meaningless poll

Status
Not open for further replies.