• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Fortec 5100 help please

My Satellite Setup
Home brew PC, Fortec Star FSCI-5100 plus + ultra sat RX. triax 110 motorised dish
My Location
Forest of Dean, Gloucestershire
:confused
Help please... My 5100 has just stopped working. was using it this afternoon without problem when the screen gave a message "initiating preditor 3.25", cant think why because its had the trex cam in since new and preditor was working? Anyway since then my dish has turned to 0 degrees and refuses to move and the signal recieved bar is at 53%, it doesnt matter what satellite I select the dish stays put and the signal too.... Although all the menus appear to work, the display will even read "turning to ....." when a satellite is selected, but nothing happens and in tv mode I just see "no signal"

Looks like some sort of software glitch I think but I am afraid to try too much because it should still have a warranty. Nothing has EVER been downloaded onto this Receiver.

Any ideas or tips please?

Martin

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Berkshire
I presume you have tried unplugging at the mains removing the CAM and disconnecting the LNB while you plug back in to reboot?

My Satellite Setup
Home brew PC, Fortec Star FSCI-5100 plus + ultra sat RX. triax 110 motorised dish
My Location
Forest of Dean, Gloucestershire
I did, but hadnt taken out the CAM. Done that now and "magic" it reset OK...

Many thanks, It was an obvious thing but I didn't think to remove the CAM, got to find my possitions again now :confused but the RX is back:)

Cheers

Martin