fortec star fsci 5100 plus

rick01

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
currently have a fortecstar , but looking to upgrade
My Location
midlands
Hi ,
firstly i would like to introduce myself , i am a newbie ex RAF electronics technician just starting into satellite . I have installed dozens for sky in the early days but have had a 10 year break.
I have the above box but have come a cropper! it will only display the time but wont run up.
Any help or advice as to what the likely cause is would be greatly apreciated.
I was told it was to do with software, (given the box used so dont know the history and never seen it working)
If it is hardware i am more than capable of board work , unless of course it is an eprom fault in which case i will have to get it to a dealer , if this is the case is it viable or would i be better with a new box?

Again any help or advice would be most greatfully recieved

Rick:-doh!

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
Hi, welcome to the forum, rick.

Seems like it's stuck in standby and not booting up if there's no response from the standby button on the remote control or the receiver itself.

Best thing to try would be loading new software from www.fortecstar.com, details on transferring to your STB are there, but if you need further info, check back here.

Llew